Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi clock sending bizarre alternating bpm to boss device?

Dammers89Dammers89 United KingdomPosts: 3

Hi team,
Using the deluge to send midi clock to my pedalboard which at it's heart is the boss es-8.

When Midi clock out is enabled through deluge, and when i hit play on the song, the midi clock is sending a bizarre alternating tempo to the boss unit.

if i'm sending 120 bpm, the boss unit keeps changing between 230-240 and is flickering between several tempos.

Any ideas? I've tried altering the various tclock settings to see if anything affects it. nothing so far!

i'm sending midi through 5-pin DIN and deluge is not using USB at all.

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    edited June 2021

Have you tried changing magnitude settings under MIDI > CLOCK?

Post edited by Too_Mere on

@Too_Mere said:
    Have you tried changing magnitude settings under MIDI > CLOCK?

Yes I did change the setting to see if it affected this but the changes I made showed no effect.

Is there a way to calculate what the magnitude should be? Or a sensible way to test?

Have you tried connecting the Deluge to any other MIDI transport enabled devices? If the same thing happens with other devices, and other MIDI cables, I would perform a factory reset (by holding the select knob while powering on). That should reset all settings to default so nothing odd is setup there. And make sure you’re on the latest firmware (3.1.5)

If it doesn’t do this with other gear, there’s likely a setting or issue with the boss pedal.

@Too_Mere said:
    Have you tried connecting the Deluge to any other MIDI transport enabled devices? If the same thing happens with other devices, and other MIDI cables, I would perform a factory reset (by holding the select knob while powering on). That should reset all settings to default so nothing odd is setup there. And make sure you’re on the latest firmware (3.1.5)

If it doesn’t do this with other gear, there’s likely a setting or issue with the boss pedal.

Thanks for the tips!
    when connected to boss device directly it fixed the issue.
    I'm running my midi out to a Blokas Midi hub, and it looks like that is the issue. My OP1 was behaving the same way as the boss ES8 when running through the hub.

back to the drawing board. Thanks Too_mere

Glad you found the issue! I’ve heard certain hubs may cause issues. Happy to help! 👍🏼