β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How do You RECORD the audio from your Deluge ?

This is a (possibly embarrassing) beginner question.

How do YOU record the audio from your Deluge for posterity / review / distribution / mastering / etc., ?

I have a Deluge, another Synth, an electric guitar, a couple of microphones, a 10-channel mixer, an MBP, a slew of Windows PCs - and I'm not interested in spinning up a software DAW (if I can help it). But there must be something better than using Voice Recorder!

So I'm asking the community how You record the audio from your Deluge.

All responses are welcome - I have plenty to learn - and I am fascinated by the differences in price point versus the quality of recording.

Cheers,

MBC

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

You could use https://www.audacityteam.org/ instead of voice recorder.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@DaEmbassy said:
    This is a (possibly embarrassing) beginner question.

How do YOU record the audio from your Deluge for posterity / review / distribution / mastering / etc., ?

I have a Deluge, another Synth, an electric guitar, a couple of microphones, a 10-channel mixer, an MBP, a slew of Windows PCs - and I'm not interested in spinning up a software DAW (if I can help it). But there must be something better than using Voice Recorder!

So I'm asking the community how You record the audio from your Deluge.

All responses are welcome - I have plenty to learn - and I am fascinated by the differences in price point versus the quality of recording.

Cheers,

MBC

I use a Zoom H5 recorder :) Very handy

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I use a Tascam DR-100 MK2 if I'm not recording directly into a daw.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

I've done lots of recording just by resampling on the Deluge. Now, I have a more heavy-handed setup with a Bluebox and a SiX into a Zoom H2n. I'm recording more than just the Deluge in the setup. Both instances have worked great for me.

Something with a compressor/limiter/EQ could be helpful for refining your master

jeppjepp parisPosts: 11
    edited June 2021

AUM on ipad. receiving Deluge, Vermona perfourmer, moog matriarch and yamaha yc61
    AUM is nice for effect and compress

Post edited by jepp on
    hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

If it's a standalone Deluge track, I just resample -- save one D -> A / A -> D cycle.

You could do Deluge + one external feed this way, I think, but I have everything hooked up at home to a mixer anyway. Like Icoustik, the mixer goes into an H5.

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Thanks @volsteh I had a look at Audacity and it's a good option for when I have my laptop close by.
    Thanks for your recommendation, @lcoustik , I invested in a Zoom H5.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@DaEmbassy said:
    Thanks @volsteh I had a look at Audacity and it's a good option for when I have my laptop close by.
    Thanks for your recommendation, @lcoustik , I invested in a Zoom H5.

Nice!

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—