β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can you midi learn an external button to mute/launch?

denkyuudenkyuu United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

I want to hand control of a kit/synth to my bandmates with a usb controller (I have an Akai drumpad and a nanokontrol I'm experimenting with).

I've got sliders working on volume and fx params, but I can

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

@denkyuu said:
    I've got sliders working on volume and fx params, but I can

... yes?
    :#

The manual states on page 235 ("12.4 Global Midi Commands"):

Notes on other MIDI command use.
    The common functions when using external MIDI is to control notes and parameters. Also the global commands can be controlled externally for overall control of deluge and when working with loops. Other MIDI control functions are also available, for example, Song specific functions:

• Launching of clips or sections.
    • Muting / unmuting clip rows on song mode.
    • Playing one sound in a kit clip.
    • Playing a synth belonging to a clip.

Does this help?

Uhhhh ok. It just cut off more than half my post. That's cool, I guess. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

@Heptagen So yeah, It looks like muting should be mappable. I'm just not sure how. The rest of my post was supposed to be "I can't seem to learn launching/stopping a clip in song mode or muting a track on a kit clip". I can't find anything specific in the manual, either.

I tried learn + launch + the button on nanokontrol, but I'm not getting anything.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You should be able to MIDI learn to both clip mute/launch buttons also kit mutes. Learn + launch + nano control should do it too.

I think it does have to be sent MIDI notes from the nano in order to learn. Other types of MIDI signals don’t work for MIDI learning.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I just wanted to report that I just successfully mapped the launch / mute button of a clip in song view to a nanoPad2. As too_mere said, it sends out midi notes.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Great! πŸ‘πŸΌ

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@denkyuu said:
    Uhhhh ok. It just cut off more than half my post. That's cool, I guess. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

@Heptagen So yeah, It looks like muting should be mappable. I'm just not sure how. The rest of my post was supposed to be "I can't seem to learn launching/stopping a clip in song mode or muting a track on a kit clip". I can't find anything specific in the manual, either.

I tried learn + launch + the button on nanokontrol, but I'm not getting anything.

You need to use the Korg Kontrol editor to make your controller's buttons send midi notes instead of CC's :)

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

@Icoustik said:

@denkyuu said:

You need to use the Korg Kontrol editor to make your controller's buttons send midi notes instead of CC's :)

Uh oh. It's a nanokontrol 1. I'm not sure if the kontrol editor works for the old one. We'll see. Good to know it only responds to notes though. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Thank you!

davidvandenbordavidvandenbor NetherlandsPosts: 3

@Heptagen said:
    I just wanted to report that I just successfully mapped the launch / mute button of a clip in song view to a nanoPad2. As too_mere said, it sends out midi notes.

@Heptagen How exactly did you do it? I'm trying to map the green buttons on the Faderfox MX12 to the mute buttons on the Deluge with no luck. :/ I'm doing the "Learn + mute pad" thing. Not working. Tried assigning the button to "Note" instead of "CC" on the Faderfox. Not working either.