Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Improved 3D printable cheeks!

samforcesamforce United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 40

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4665451

Nicely rounded edges. Totally blank and easy to customize.
Here are some shots of a custom set

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Cool, thanks for the link!

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

oh! this is super cool!! did you router out the words or did the maker put them in for you?

makes my brain think... on one side it could say “these oscillators” on the other it could say “kills fascists” heheh. in honor of a certain folk singer of yesteryear..

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

Plastic an improvement over wood??

PeteDeePeteDee Byron BayPosts: 1

@broughtonfilm said:

I'm with you bro. I have 3d printer but wouldn't waste my time with it when I have plenty of cedar and rosewood timber and could make something really nice in half the time.
    Even thinking of doing the lapidary version using a nice slab of polished nephrite or petrified wood. But why not go the whole hog and make jewel encrusted ears. Now there's a thought.

samforcesamforce United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 40

I designed these and the title is not to imply they are an Improvement over the stock cheeks, just better than the original 3D files I posted. These have rounded edges and fit better

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121
    edited May 2021

@broughtonfilm said:

I've found that using PETG contributes to a richer tone than PLA, and that printing at 0.1 mm layer height accentuates the upper midrange, without sounding too honky.

:wink:

Post edited by hexagon5un on