Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

First attempt

Other than some external samples, this is entirely my first try with just the Deluge. More of a test than anything but the Deluge is incredibly fun for the basic parts. I need to learn how to finesse inside of the Deluge or probably get the stems out for mixing. But here it is regardless:

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Oh my, what a mood! :o So texturized and crunchy, like a deep fried movie soundtrack. :#
    Thank you for posting and keep em coming. I feel like creating this dark mood could be a strength of yours, will be interesting to see your development as you master the deluge!

HypostaticHypostatic Beta Tester Posts: 19

Ha! Thanks. I feel in a good way that I'm back to basics. I really appreciate your taking the time @Heptagen as well as your comments. I seem to fight with the creative process. A bunch comes while playing, like doing a sketch. Fleshing it out, making a real song etc, that's something different - I always struggle with that no matter what gear I have. The Deluge is forcing me to focus and work within some very well thought out limitations. I hope anyone reading knows what I mean. Rhythmic grooves are easy. Building a song is hard (at least for me). Then again, I love droning repetitive things as well. But again, I really appreciate this device, this community of people and being able to throw a virgin attempt out there. A basic attempt at that.

@Heptagen - Thanks for taking the time to comment on a virgin's first post. It's pretty basic. Making grooves is pretty easy, making a 'song' is much more difficult. I'm trying to learn how to edit on Deluge. There is something really magical though about working physically and with the tactile limitation of distractions. This is something you can do live with or without any other gear. Love it to death. I feel like I did when I discovered Ableton in the early 2000s. :-)

P.S. Some of those recorded stutters need to go sure.

@Heptagen (Love the moniker by the way), thanks for taking the time to comment on a virgins first post. It's pretty basic. Making grooves is pretty easy, making a 'song' is much more difficult. I'm trying to learn how to edit on Deluge. There is something really magical though about working physically and with the tactile limitation of distractions. This is something you can do live with or without any other gear. Love it to death. I feel like I did when I discovered Ableton in the early 2000s. :-)

As for the dark mood, I'm not entirely sure why I gravitate towards that. Not very pretty overall.

P.S. Some of those 'stutters' need to go sure.

@Heptagen (Love the moniker by the way), thanks for taking the time to comment on a virgins first post. It's pretty basic. Making grooves is pretty easy, making a 'song' is much more difficult. I'm trying to learn how to edit on Deluge. There is something really magical though about working physically and with the tactile limitation of distractions. This is something you can do live with or without any other gear. Love it to death. I feel like I did when I discovered Ableton in the early 2000s. :-)

As for the dark mood, I'm not entirely sure why I gravitate towards that. Not very pretty overall, just what comes out.

P.S. Some of those 'stutters' need to go sure.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Hey @Hypostatic you seem to have some issues with the forum, you already retyped your answer four times. I appreciate the effort to post an answer though :wink:
    I'm happy for you and your journey ahead - welcome aboard!

Right, for whatever reason, yesterday, it wouldn't save. Every commit and it'd go blank. Wasn't sure what was going on and if they were getting moderated (but hasn't happened before). Sorry about that.