Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Receive MIDI BANK and Program Change

I strongly want Deluge to be able to be Slave receiving MIDI BANK and Program Change.
This point is the only con of Deluge to me.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Synthstrom isn't taking software suggestions currently.
    But let's discuss - what would you hope to achieve with this?

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

juvenille_Ajuvenille_A 日本Posts: 3

Simply, I'd like to use Deluge like as a sub sequencer.
    In the extreme, I'd like to use it like as the 9th, 10th, 11th....23th,and 24th MIDI track of Octatrack, using all 16 MIDI channel.

In my case, Elektron Octatrack is placed as the Master.
    I guess, to set Deluge as the Master to Octatrack (and Octatrack as the Slave to Deluge and ALSO AS the master to the other devices as usual), is the one of the way.
    But I have no plan to use the Deluge as the Master because of the low visiblity of its display.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@juvenille_A said:

Simply, I'd like to use Deluge like as a sub sequencer.
    In the extreme, I'd like to use it like as the 9th, 10th, 11th....23th,and 24th MIDI track of Octatrack, using all 16 MIDI channel.

In my case, Elektron Octatrack is placed as the Master.
    I guess, to set Deluge as the Master to Octatrack (and Octatrack as the Slave to Deluge and ALSO AS the master to the other devices as usual), is the one of the way.
    But I have no plan to use the Deluge as the Master because of the low visiblity of its display.

If you're using midi tracks on the Deluge, and you're sending banks & prog changes from elsewhere, why not just use midi thru on the Deluge?
    The Deluge itself can't respond to banks and program changes, as it has no bank structure and never could have, as it can contain an almost infinite number of patches.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

juvenille_Ajuvenille_A 日本Posts: 3
    edited May 2021

@Icoustik said:

If you're using midi tracks on the Deluge, and you're sending banks & prog changes from elsewhere, why not just use midi thru on the Deluge?

Because the ELSEWHERE is handfull too. I never use DAW on my live performance.

I came up with a solution by multiplying elektron and MIDI HUB, but using deluge as a sub-sequencer seems to be less common, so I'll refrain from writing it here. And the word "Never" you say must have the same meaning.
    Anyway I'll try it out.

Post edited by juvenille_A on