Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampling "making a coffee"

Here I sampled a couple of sounds from making a cup of coffee and turned it into music. I hope the video is self explanatory.
Only the basic drum pattern is not sampled (kick, snare, hihat).
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLHaCuVqPcs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Just the music on soundcloud:

Comments

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

Brilliant, I love that type of approach. I always have a Tascam DR-05 with me and record anything I hear, with the idea that maybe I can find a place for the sound somewhere in/on a piece.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Thank you! Yeah, field recorded sounds go a long way. I have a Tascam DR-100 myself but most times the phone is handier.
    At first I tried to think of a simple way to transfer the files from my phone or the tascam to the deluge, but there was no way to do this without a computer. Until I realized that I could just use a standard TRS cable from the headphone output on the recording device to the mic or line input on the deluge and just record the snippets that I need even out of long recordings. And they go right into their right destination, like a synth or a kit.
    I don't think there's a faster way. :blush:

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

@Heptagen said:
    Until I realized that I could just use a standard TRS cable from the headphone output on the recording device to the mic or line input on the deluge and just record the snippets that I need [...].

Nice tip, thanks.

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Oh this is just lovely. The vocal textures to bring it home are wonderful.

I'm going to get a coffee on now - and have a rummage through my DR-05X recordings.

Thanks for making me smile.