Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Creating a pentatonic scale

Hi,

I want to make a 5 note scale however when I try to enter the 5 notes in and hit Scale, it seems to auto fit it to the standard scale. Is there a way to manually set the scale or remove the notes I don’t need from the scale?

Fendi

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

There is currently no way to select a scale with less than 7 notes. Just gotta ignore the two notes you don’t want, sorry.

Answers

jackpradajackprada Posts: 2

Thanks for the response. I wanted a custom scale for it because I do enjoy doing an improv solo by holding the audition pad down while using the knob to go up and down the scale. Thanks for answering

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Ahh that is a fun trick. No problem 👍🏼

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
    edited May 2021

@jackprada said:
    Hi,

I want to make a 5 note scale however when I try to enter the 5 notes in and hit Scale, it seems to auto fit it to the standard scale. Is there a way to manually set the scale or remove the notes I don’t need from the scale?

Fendi

Yes, that's pretty silly really. I was going to suggest using the custom scale mode (defined as OTHER). I tried it quickly using C, D, E, G, A, C, D (to make seven notes), but it won't work because the Deluge analyses it as 'major', which it's not.

So, although maybe Synthstrom might consider this as a feature request, it's really a bug report. And, if you see this post (someone at synthstrom) could you please look into being able to override Deluge's analysis function, which would let us add the scales as needed - 5 note, 6, or 7 note scales as an example.

You know it makes sense ;)

p.s. BTW, I'm not sure about this, but I tried some 8 note scales 'out of one octave' and that didn't seem to work either. So, if I understand correctly, you need the 8 notes within the octave?

Post edited by joesh on