Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Faster Scrolling option?

MavacadosMavacados GermanyPosts: 3

Hi Rohan and Team,

I just bought my second deluge, and I often find myself scrolling for a long time through synth presets. For example, if I want to get to preset 100, this takes a long time when scrolling by 1 value at a time. Also I have a large sample library (for example all of my hundreds of kick samples in one folder).

I was wondering if there is a way to scroll faster through the sample library/synth presets? It would be nice if you could hold the shift button while scrolling to scroll by increments of 5 instead of 1. I have searched through the manual and couldn't find something.

Let me know if this is already possible or if it could be implemented in a future update.

-Mavrick De La Portilla

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There is currently no way to scroll faster. But there’s two things that can help.

1. For samples, the more you can organize into sub folders, the less scrolling you’ll have to do to get to what you’re looking for.
    2. For samples or presets, you can use the QWERTY keyboard to jump to whatever files you want. For example, you can press load + synth then type “100” to load preset 100.

Hey @Too_Mere thanks for the tips! I'll try to organize my samples more into subfolders then.

No problem👍🏼

PercivalePercivale SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 32
    edited May 2021

Intuitively, I would think shift + scroll would speed up the increments when scrolling. Just saying.

@Too_Mere said:
    There is currently no way to scroll faster. But there’s two things that can help.

1. For samples, the more you can organize into sub folders, the less scrolling you’ll have to do to get to what you’re looking for.
    2. For samples or presets, you can use the QWERTY keyboard to jump to whatever files you want. For example, you can press load + synth then type “100” to load preset 100.
    Post edited by Percivale on

@Percivale Thats how the MC 707 works, and i think it could be a nice addition. Anyways I spent last night reorganizing my sample library and its on point now B)

kilroykilroy CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 25

I was dying for faster preset scrolling and/or subfolders until I re-organized all of my presets to start with the instrument type e.g. 'k.' for keys, 'p.' for pads, etc. Now I just open the search and type in 'k' and if anything it's faster than sub-folders. The dot is a helpful tip I picked up from someone on this forum. It acts as a nice visual spacer without taking up one of the four characters in the display.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

@kilroy said:
    I re-organized all of my presets

If I rename a preset, what happens with the songs that used the preset with its old name?

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@Heptagen said:
    If I rename a preset, what happens with the songs that used the preset with its old name?

Great question! Try it and let us know what happens. :)

@Heptagen said:

@kilroy said:
    I re-organized all of my presets

Renaming a preset won’t affect songs using it. The songs save their own version of each preset used within. So the songs will still still show the old preset names from when the song was saved.

Only thing to worry about is moving or changing the names of samples. That will confuse songs and preset pointing to the sample’s file path unless you fix it.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

That's good to know, thanks!

ElwhagenElwhagen VäxjöPosts: 3

I would really like to second this function. Should be really easily implemented and would really help to quickly change synths when the list is long. I have a few packs downloaded with lots of new sounds but it's just a hassle to scroll through lots of them so I just don't have them on my card any more.
    Kind regards, Björn