Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to stay engaged with the Deluge forums?

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

I'm trying to stay engaged with these forums, and yet I'm struggling to find a feed (a la Facebook) that simply shows me what's new since my last visit, or notifies me of new posts. What am I missing? Halp! :)

Comments

MikeKayMikeKay Sydney, West IslandPosts: 14

I use the 'Recent Discussions' button in the right-hand navigation for this. It highlights the new messages and threads:

Aside from bookmarking threads, I don't think there's a way to get notifications on the forum.

I hope that helps!

PercivalePercivale SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 32

Can I chime in to say if one "marks all as viewed", the page should immediately refresh to indicate so.

@MikeKay said:
    I use the 'Recent Discussions' button in the right-hand navigation for this. It highlights the new messages

Yes, I've used that too, but I still have to dig into each thread and hunt for the latest update to the discussion.

@Percivale said:
    Can I chime in to say if one "marks all as viewed", the page should immediately refresh to indicate so.

Hmmm... when I click that nothing obvious changes. What am I missing?

@phillipadsmith said:

Yes, I've used that too, but I still have to dig into each thread and hunt for the latest update to the discussion.

Oh, I see what you mean - if you've never looked at a thread it marks it as 'new' (I'm seeing posts from 2017 like that...)

For what it's worth, when you click on a discussion title in the list that's marked 'new', it should tack #latest on to the link, and it should show you what's happened since last you visited it. I guess that only really works if you've visited the thread before.

@phillipadsmith said:

@Percivale said:

Hmmm... when I click that nothing obvious changes. What am I missing?

...continuing on with this (because it's not like I should be working or anything), it looks like the 'Mark All Viewed'/'Mark Category Viewed' will remove the little 'new' labels from specified threads, so the next time you go to 'Recent Discussions', only those that have updated since last time will have the label.

Apparently this was a selling point back in 2013.

Okay, back to work. Seriously, this time.

@MikeKay said:

Apparently this was a selling point back in 2013.

🤣

That's what it feels like (sadly) -- 2013!

@phillipadsmith said:

🤣

That's what it feels like (sadly) -- 2013!

We should really continue this conversation over on my MySpace page...

@MikeKay said:
    We should really continue this conversation over on my MySpace page...

🤣🤣🤣