Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

The relation between single kits and kits in song files

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

Hi

What I'm having some trouble understanding is that when you create a song and add to kit to it (or a synth for that matter), the kit in question seems to be saved in the song, but it has a reference to the original kit (presetSlot attribute).

How do these relate? If I make changes to the original kit will the changes get transferred also to song when I open it or is the kit in song file wholly separate from the original kit?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

If you make changes to the original kit after an instance of it is loaded into and saved to a song, it will not get transferred to the song. Songs do indeed store their independent versions of presets.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

Additional note here: but you can actually save the song kit out of the song back to an 'independent' kit by Save + Kit in the clip view. Probably also a synth.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Bolgani said:
    Additional note here: but you can actually save the song kit out of the song back to an 'independent' kit by Save + Kit in the clip view. Probably also a synth.

Of course :) Almost an inifinite amount of versions of presets can be saved, limited only by the size of the SD card

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ