Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Hey all, hope you are keeping safe and well. I have been feeling mentally drained and tired the past month but have climbed back on the horse. I fell down the UFO rabbit hole this weekend and thought it would be fun to sample some audio.

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

This is so cool, the samples create a very crucial and rich context for the music. I loved the first synth pad a lot.
    Also thanks for including some background about yourself, I hope things start to look better and brighter for you. :smile: Being able to create some uplifting music is a good sign.

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

@Heptagen said:
    This is so cool, the samples create a very crucial and rich context for the music. I loved the first synth pad a lot.
    Also thanks for including some background about yourself, I hope things start to look better and brighter for you. :smile: Being able to create some uplifting music is a good sign.

Thank you for your kind words! Over the past 3 months I feel I have become a strange synthetic being that lives to consume content and only communicates with 2D people. I NEED TO GET OUT lol Bring on the sun and hopefully a bit more freedom!

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Yeah the last year has left a lot of us scrambled up. Hopefully there are better years ahead of us.
    And in the meantime keep it up and take your beloved deluge out for a walk in the sun. :smile:

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

Great music, I love the atmosphere. I'm sure you already know Scanner, if not check him out as he also loves using voice samples in a similar fashion.

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

@joesh said:
    Great music, I love the atmosphere. I'm sure you already know Scanner, if not check him out as he also loves using voice samples in a similar fashion.

I've not heard of Scanner, I will definitely check him out. Thanks for the kind words too!

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

@PixelKicker said:
    I've not heard of Scanner, I will definitely check him out. Thanks for the kind words too!

Difficult to recommend anything in particular as he made (makes) so much music. On this bandcamp page it's just his releases, but if you look on Discogs you'll understand what I mean.

Anyhow, enjoy: https://scanner.bandcamp.com

SakuneraSakunera AustraliaPosts: 6

@joesh said:

It did remind me of Scanner's approach to making tracks. Love when the music fits the atmosphere of audio played in the background. Really cool track PixelKicker :) Love the intro section a lot. So much energy!