Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi sync problems with other sequencers

Kang_KodusKang_Kodus HamburgPosts: 5

I am using the Deluge as the center of a live setup with other sequenced synths ( mainly Elektron gear). When changing songs on the Deluge, the other sequencers get unsynced by time to time and the other sequencers get behind. Any tips?

The setup is the following. Deluge is in the Center, sending Midi to a Kenton through Box. From there the Midi Clock feeds an Elektron Analog Four an Analog Rytm, a Behringer TD-3 and a Roland TR-8. Especially the Elektron gear gets out of sync but also the 303 clone sometimes loses the grid in sync to the Deluge. Start/Stop solves the problems, but is a bit annoying while playing a liveset. The Tempo of the set stays the same through the whole set.

Any tipps and experiences are welcome, thanks!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Try this: when loading a song on the Deluge during playback, hold the Load button until the screen says 'DONE', then release to time the song switch to the next end of measure - the Delly will be more "prepared" when actually switching by pre-loading the song in this way.

Let me know if it helps :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately it does not help. It seems to be a problem that occurs after some time playing. Only restarting helps to get back in sync. Which is not the best solution, playing live.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@Kang_Kodus said:
    Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately it does not help. It seems to be a problem that occurs after some time playing. Only restarting helps to get back in sync. Which is not the best solution, playing live.

If you press the horizontal scroll knob and turn the tempo knob it works to nudge the MIDI clock/sync.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@Kang_Kodus said:

Can you try a different through box? You might have to really spend some time to isolate the problem and time how long before going out of sync in the current set up and then start removing/adding pieces till you can figure out the exact problem...maybe going direct from the Deluge into each of the boxes, a couple of them, removing thru, trying a diff thru.
    I'm aware of many people who use Deluge with Elektron gear for long sets with no sync issues, so you might need to help us by doing a bit more troubleshooting on your end.

Thank you for the replies. @Too_Mere –> I will try the nudge option, maybe that will be good option in the live situation in the meantime. Better than stopping the set while playing. @Ian_Jorgensen –> Thank you for the insight. Good to hear there are other stable setups with elektron gear. I will do some more troubleshooting with direct connections then, and also can try another thru box. Thanks in advance! I hope I will find a solution.