Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Polyphony Out?

lowandslowlowandslow United StatesPosts: 29

I know the D is capable of polyphony with its own synths tracks. I can play chords, etc. But will the D output midi polyphony? I'm trying send polyphonic note data (pitch / gate) to a Supercritical Synth MIDI Expander, that is used to partition a 16 voice Demon Core Oscillator into a polyphonic "swarm" (chord). I've seen videos of people playing MIDI keyboards with the SCS MIDI expander, but I'm unsure if the D outputs multiple notes at once through one if it's send MIDI channels? I can't find anything in the manual that denotes this. Sorry - I'm not super fluent with MIDI things.

Tagged:

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yeah sure, the Del will output MIDI chords.
    I can walk you thru it and help you understand some MIDI things. You're using a midi clip on the D, set to the same channel as your instrument, correct?

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thanks! Here's my setup. D -> Midi Out (5 pin) -> Kenton 12 channel Midi splitter (5 pin) -> 5 pin Midi to 3.5 TRS (adapter) -> Demon Core Expander (eurorack module). I haven't purchased the DCE yet - it depends on whether or not this will work! One question I have is - unlike other devices (i.e. Novation Circuit Mono Station) where I can tell the synthesizer what MIDI channel to "receive", I'm unsure how to tell the DCE to receive midi channel "15". I know how to set track to a specific MIDI channel on the D. BTW - feel free to tell me to contact the DCE manufacturer.

supercriticalsynthesizers.com/demon-core-expander/

BTW - I just sent the DCE manufacturer a few questions. I'm starting to doubt if this will work. I suspect I have to "direct line" a midi TRS from a keyboard into the expander in order for it to work. I'm not sure if / how the DCE can be assigned a "midi receive" channel... I'll let you know what I find.

Icoustik - Apparently the Demon Core Expander can be assigned a MIDI channel - or rather it has a configure mode where it will assign itself a MIDI channel. I assume I just make sure both the D and the expander module have the same MIDI channel and I'm good to go?

@lowandslow said:
    Icoustik - Apparently the Demon Core Expander can be assigned a MIDI channel - or rather it has a configure mode where it will assign itself a MIDI channel. I assume I just make sure both the D and the expander module have the same MIDI channel and I'm good to go?

Hypothetically speaking, yes! Do let me know if that doesn't work.
    You can tag people using an @ with their name, like @lowandslow :)

@Icoustik It worked! I'm up and running with a 16-core oscillator playing chords!

@lowandslow said:
    @Icoustik It worked! I'm up and running with a 16-core oscillator playing chords!

Awesome! :smiley: