Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Drum trigger to control clock

RopRop RotterdamBeta Tester Posts: 17

Guys/girls, do you think it's possible for my drummer to connect a digital trigger signal (say the kickdrum) to DLG to master the tempo of a running track, and will it update during the song?
Maybe another way for him not to constantly stick/listen to a click track?

Comments

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Drum trig to MIDI clock?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Rop said:
    Guys/girls, do you think it's possible for my drummer to connect a digital trigger signal (say the kickdrum) to DLG to master the tempo of a running track, and will it update during the song?
    Maybe another way for him not to constantly stick/listen to a click track?

Hypothetically it will update during playing, but that could end up sounding very janky - when there are variations in tempo while playing, things like stretching and delay repeats change in real-time, giving pitch artifacts, possible glitches and such.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

RopRop RotterdamBeta Tester Posts: 17

You know of any device that works doing that?

Nope, sorry

percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

This device converts analog trigger clock to MIDI clock and vice versa:

https://www.audiowerkstatt.de/en/trigger2midi2trigger-v2

Not sure if this works with drum-trigger output, though. And since you wrote "digital trigger" in your initial post, I´m not even sure if this is what you are looking for.
    The usual drum trigger output (e.g. DDrum or Roland) is analog, afaik.

But as Icoustik already wrote, aligning clock tempo live on a running Deluge could get messy really quick...

Possible workaround: Trigger the drummer with a handcrafted MIDI capable tens unit :#

...Optionally, replace your drummer with this and just clock and sequence that shit, hahah :D