Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Loses Sync with DAW if I Press Play on Deluge

Thanks in advance for reading my question. I have my Deluge synced to my DAW. It works as expected until I hit Play on the Deluge itself. Then it loses sync entirely. It no longer slaves BPM or Play/Stop commands from my DAW. The only way I can get it to resync with my DAW is to shut off the Deluge and turn it on again. Is this normal behavior? Is there possibly a command on the Deluge to get it to sync again?

Tagged:

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

If the Deluge is synced to the DAW and you hit play on the Deluge, normally the Deluge would stop playing. Is that not what's happening?

impurfektimpurfekt USAPosts: 22

Let me word it differently. I have my Deluge synced to my DAW (by synced I mean the DAW is controlling the BPM and play/stop of the Deluge). When I press play in the DAW both the DAW and Deluge start at the same BPM. When I then press stop in the DAW both the DAW and Deluge stop. With the DAW stopped, if I press play on the Deluge and then stop on the Deluge it will no longer respond to play/stop messages from the DAW. So it loses sync.

My TR-8 does not behave this way. On my TR-8 I can press play and stop all I want but it will still start and stop when I press start or stop in my DAW.

I'm wondering if this is proper behavior for the Deluge.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

This does sound strange. I just tested the scenario that I think you're describing, and the Deluge here does not lose the ability to play slaved to the DAW. Could you possibly upload a video of your problem? Either email to me - rohan@synthstrom.com - or if easier, post to the Deluge Users or Deluge Firmware Beta Testers facebook group. And we'll try and work out what the issue is.

Right on. Yeah. I'll make a video so you can see exactly what's happening.

Thanks! Uploading to wetransfer now. I'll email you a link for the video.