β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can I bulk/modify all to change type to stretch?

Hello,

I am wanting to make sure I am not missing a quick way to change all samples in a kit to stretch.

My workflow is important drum loops
Resample closer to the BPM I'd like
Load to a new kit track as slice (16 or 32)
Set all to stretch
Play and adjust tempo.

What I'm noticing is that the creation of these kits is - well tedious - when I have to go back through every sample and set stretch.

Why is this an issue for me?
It really slows down the workflow for me.

The upside for asking about this that the ability to slice and stack / restack drums and melodic parts is to me:
ONE OF THE COOLEST ABILITIES of the Deluge!!!

I love how the slice works on this device!

Any thoughts on how to speed up this workflow would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Comments

BrettBrett Posts: 39

Hello,

Thank you for the pointer to docs.

I should have been more specific on what I did try based on reading the manual:

1) when zoomed in on the kit I held effect all and pressed shift + the mode button in the bottom left hand corner. That did not seem to effect all in this case.

2) I zoomed out to song view and tried to press and hold the track while pressing shift + the mode button. But that was a little challenging and didn't seem to work either.

I suspect that I missed something in the steps to do this. Any thoughts or help on the button combos would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brerr

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Thank you for this thread, I had to search for way longer than I wanted to find the answer to this.
    I think there are some instructions missing in the official manual, that can be found in the linked document above.
    So to make it easier for me and anyone looking for answers, here is the answer to @Brett 's question copied from the document:

Applying changes to all sounds within a kit
    Just a few of the sound editor settings have the ability to be edited in bulk for all sounds within a kit. These are POLYphony, sample MODE, REVErse, SPEEd, and PISP (pitch / speed). When editing any of these, you may hold down the affect-entire button while turning the select knob in order to have your edit applied to all sounds within your kit.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Heptagen said:
    Thank you for this thread, I had to search for way longer than I wanted to find the answer to this.
    I think there are some instructions missing in the official manual, that can be found in the linked document above.
    So to make it easier for me and anyone looking for answers, here is the answer to @Brett 's question copied from the document:

Applying changes to all sounds within a kit
    Just a few of the sound editor settings have the ability to be edited in bulk for all sounds within a kit. These are POLYphony, sample MODE, REVErse, SPEEd, and PISP (pitch / speed). When editing any of these, you may hold down the affect-entire button while turning the select knob in order to have your edit applied to all sounds within your kit.

Oh WOW, this is great news, yes I think this is missing from official manual. Thanks for finding and sharing!

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited March 2021

Hey team, so this is in the manual, though I realise not given the attention it deserves.
    It is mentioned at the bottom of page 101 (3.1 edition) below "adjusting affect parameters for kits", there is also the shortcut for it in the Community Guide "Kit Clip Affect All" (page 288) and in the Quick Reference Commands (page 267) called "Apply a change to entire kit".

Will make a note to aim for more prominence in a future edition.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Oh wow, now I feel stupid for overreading that.
    Thank you for clearing things up!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Heptagen said:
    Oh wow, now I feel stupid for overreading that.
    Thank you for clearing things up!

S'all goood, Delly fam B)

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—