Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Synth Parameter Testing

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46
edited March 2021 in Deluge Support Content

I made a Google Sheet of conversions from 0-50 values to the actual meaning (in units like dB, Hz, ms, etc.) of some of the synth parameters. I measured these values by simply dialing in the parameter values (using the select knob to get the exact value, with automation recording), recording the audio on the Deluge, then loading the resulting .WAV file in Audacity and analyzing it there, so they are definitely imprecise and some might be flat out wrong. But it did take hours and hours to make and is probably better than nothing (definitely if you want to program any of the patches from Welsh's Synthesizer Cookbook, something like this is not optional), so here it is: Deluge Synth Parameter Testing

Anyone can comment on the sheet (you probably need to have a Google account). Please feel free to do so if you have anything to add or notice anything I could have done better. (The sheet is a WIP and some parts are a bit of a mess; if you just want to USE it, you should probably ignore the sheets other than "Cheat sheet".)

Edited to add: I also have a tab that just lists the parameters, which was initially a copy of the excellent Deluge Synth Parameter List but I've now extended to include information on which parameters can be modulated / automated / learned (to gold knobs, though I assume MIDI is the same).

Post edited by Kenoubi on

Comments

jcfischerjcfischer ZurichBeta Tester Posts: 4

Thanks for this sheet and all the work you put into it. The information is super valuable!

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Hey @Kenoubi thanks for sharing this here! (I was gonna reach out to you on that other thread :wink:)

I've also been asking some of those same questions you have in your "ToDo" section. If I get around to it, I'd love to collaborate.

I think I'm building a pretty good mental model of what the heck the modulation matrix actually does .. can't describe it in words yet though :D

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

@Affectionate_Bee_781 said:
    Hey @Kenoubi thanks for sharing this here! (I was gonna reach out to you on that other thread :wink:)

I've also been asking some of those same questions you have in your "ToDo" section. If I get around to it, I'd love to collaborate.

I think I'm building a pretty good mental model of what the heck the modulation matrix actually does .. can't describe it in words yet though :D

I edited that tab into some pretty concrete tests that need to be done. It'd be great if I didn't have to personally do all of them. (Although if I do, I might...) Please let me know if you're going to do any of them / when you have any results. Thanks!