β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V3.1.5 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Firmware V3.1.5 is now released, containing several important bug fixes.

Download V3.1.5 here.

Fixes include:
* Various misc stability fixes for improved reliability
* Fixed inconsistency with parameter automation data after clip shortened, or after time deleted in arranger
* Fixed rare crash after turning an audio clip into an instrument clip
* Fixed rare crash scenario when an audio clip is instant-started then instant-stopped very very quickly afterwards
* The user is now forbidden from deleting audio files (in the file browser) that are used in the current song - an action which previously could have caused strange behaviour
* Fixed a problem with the launching of a clip of an irregular length. It is supposed to launch in-sync with any previously-playing clip of the same length, or a multiple or factor thereof
* When outputting a RUN signal (from gate output 3), restarting playback by pressing <>+play now pulses the RUN signal down 0, to signal connected equipment to restart playback
* Fixed glitches when sync scaling first enabled

Installation
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your work to be safe regardless.

Comments

Thanks Rohan.

Do I need to install 3.1.4 first and then this one?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@blindcinema said:

I think its only required to have a 3.x

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@blindcinema said:

No :)

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

grmgrm flPosts: 2
    edited February 2021

I don't recall this happening with 3.1.4, but haven't used it that long.

On 3.1.5, if I lay down some synth notes spanning a few octaves, then switch to kit, then switch back to synth, it somehow changes one or a few of the notes.

For example, I lay down some random notes: c6, a5, d.5, f.3, d4. I switch to kit. I switch back. The notes are now f5, d5, a.4, d4, f.3.

p.s. this could be a user thing where i was using notes outside of the (c major) scale, entered in the piano roll, and maybe it doesn't make sense.

Post edited by grm on
    pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

@grm said:

On 3.1.5, if I lay down some synth notes spanning a few octaves, then switch to kit, then switch back to synth, it somehow changes one or a few of the notes.

For example, I lay down some random notes: c6, a5, d.5, f.3, d4. I switch to kit. I switch back. The notes are now f5, d5, a.4, d4, f.3.

p.s. this could be a user thing where i was using notes outside of the (c major) scale, entered in the piano roll, and maybe it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, that's always been an issue. And, I'm pretty certain, always will be. Someday, after you've spent hours composing your sequence then accidently hit the kit button, you will cry and curse the name Synthstrom and strongly consider throwing your Deluge off the balcony. But instead you will ask a Santeria priest to call on Ogun to put a hex on Synthstrom for you. I know man I've been there.

VanHandpanVanHandpan United StatesPosts: 4

@pfrf said:

@grm said:

Yeah, that's always been an issue. And, I'm pretty certain, always will be. Someday, after you've spent hours composing your sequence then accidently hit the kit button, you will cry and curse the name Synthstrom and strongly consider throwing your Deluge off the balcony. But instead you will ask a Santeria priest to call on Ogun to put a hex on Synthstrom for you. I know man I've been there.

really useful information to keep in mind, thanks for the heads up!

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited March 2021

@pfrf said:

@grm said:

Consider saving regularly, I save every time I feel satisfied by modifying or adding something. Got screwed lots of times for not doing so in a lot of different programs. To go hours without saving is pretty brave.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

Hi, I'm new here as I've just bought (and received 09/03/21) a Deluge. So, simple question, do I already need to update the firmware, or is my unit already up to date.

And secondly, it might be useful in future, but how can you find out which firmware you're running. I imagine there's a keyboard shortcut that let's the firmware show on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

robrainrobrain CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 8
    edited March 2021

@joesh said:
    Hi, I'm new here as I've just bought (and received 09/03/21) a Deluge. So, simple question, do I already need to update the firmware, or is my unit already up to date.

And secondly, it might be useful in future, but how can you find out which firmware you're running. I imagine there's a keyboard shortcut that let's the firmware show on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Mine arrived with 3.1.4 when it was current, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get 3.1.5 now that it's current. Best just check:

Shift-SELECT (SETTINGS), One click counter-clockwise to "FIRM", click SELECT again. Read setting then click BACK/UNDO a few times.

Post edited by robrain on
    joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
    edited March 2021

Thanks, will do - have done, seems that I already have 3.1.5.

Post edited by joesh on
    theowstheows Beta Tester Posts: 9

Thank you very much Rohan,
    Is it possible to add a hash to the firmware announcement posts, so that we can verify the integrity of the downloaded file?

CitizenknaCitizenkna MumbaiPosts: 1

Hellooo!! Just updated and my deluge seems to keep freezing after I try and playback a sequence... usually after about 4 bars. the play button stays lit and all the other buttons on the unit seem to freeze! Synth engine works fine and its only happening when I engage the sequencer playback

starkaudiostarkaudio Boston, MA USAPosts: 3
    edited May 2021

Never mind, I worked out how it should be. The manual wasn't quite clear to me in that spot. Carry on.

Post edited by starkaudio on
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@Citizenkna said:
    Hellooo!! Just updated and my deluge seems to keep freezing after I try and playback a sequence... usually after about 4 bars. the play button stays lit and all the other buttons on the unit seem to freeze! Synth engine works fine and its only happening when I engage the sequencer playback

Sorry, only just saw this. You still experiencing issues? Email us always if any stuff like this.

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I've just downloaded the V3.1.5 firmware.....

My first suggestion is this: email Deluge owners about firmware updates, PLEASE!
    I had no idea that 3.1 was out....I've been waiting but luckily I just checked here....

I am having a recurrent problem - not sure if the new Velocity setting will help.....
    When I use a MIDI controller (particularly the Novation Launchpad X - which I bought just to control the Deluge), even using the softest velocity setting, I often get distorted notes, as the MIDI velocity is much higher than that of the onboard pads. Obviously, I don;'t want to turn the Velocity off within the Launchpad, as I bought it just so I could have dynamic control over the sounds in my Deluge........Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am using this set up WITHOUT a computer, so I need to find a solution within the Deluge somehow.....

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited May 2021

@Will said:

My first suggestion is this: email Deluge owners about firmware updates, PLEASE!
    I had no idea that 3.1 was out....I've been waiting but luckily I just checked here....

Make sure you whitelist ian@synthstrom.com. maybe all my emails go to your spam (or 'promotions')?The email about 3.1.5 went out to all users and our non-user mailing list, March 12th.

If you have an issue that the peeps on the help part of these forums can't help you with, you're absolutely welcome to email us, but that forum is always first port of call please.

Just email me at address above if the crew on these forums can't help. Love your work :)

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    edited May 2021

@Will said:

I am having a recurrent problem - not sure if the new Velocity setting will help.....
    When I use a MIDI controller (particularly the Novation Launchpad X - which I bought just to control the Deluge), even using the softest velocity setting, I often get distorted notes, as the MIDI velocity is much higher than that of the onboard pads. Obviously, I don;'t want to turn the Velocity off within the Launchpad, as I bought it just so I could have dynamic control over the sounds in my Deluge........Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am using this set up WITHOUT a computer, so I need to find a solution within the Deluge somehow.....

We have already given you all the answers - all you have to do is turn down clip volume, or song volume, as I (and Too_Mere as well) explained in your thread about this issue.
    Then turn up the main output volume knob to compensate. This will stop the internal clipping i.e. distortion from happening on the Deluge, and you'll maintain the proper dynamic range when playing with MIDI input even at max velocity.
    Its pretty straightforward :) Easiest fix: Turn down Affect-entire song volume (and turn main volume knob up respectively), and save this in a template song file

Post edited by Icoustik on

@Icoustik said:

@Will said:

We have already given you all the answers - all you have to do is turn down clip volume, or song volume, as I (and Too_Mere as well) explained in your thread about this issue.
    Then turn up the main output volume knob to compensate. This will stop the internal clipping i.e. distortion from happening on the Deluge, and you'll maintain the proper dynamic range when playing with MIDI input even at max velocity.
    Its pretty straightforward :) Easiest fix: Turn down Affect-entire song volume (and turn main volume knob up respectively), and save this in a template song file

Thanks v much. I'm still not totally clear on this, but I'll spend some time following your advice. I had hoped that installing the new firmware might work, but it doesn't. I'll put some time in today and attempt what you've mentioned.....

@Will said:
    Thanks v much. I'm still not totally clear on this, but I'll spend some time following your advice. I had hoped that installing the new firmware might work, but it doesn't. I'll put some time in today and attempt what you've mentioned.....

Cool! :) No worries, we'll be here if you have some trouble figuring it out. The solution is simple, but getting there can be a bit tricky until all the dots connect

@Icoustik said:

@Will said:

Cool! :) No worries, we'll be here if you have some trouble figuring it out. The solution is simple, but getting there can be a bit tricky until all the dots connect

thanks heaps

;0)