Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

THRESHOLD ADR NOISE GATE

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

A gate that opens when sound reaches a particular volume and shuts off if sound falls below that volume and A/D/R for sculpting. (sustain would be dictated by how long any given sound remains above the threshold).
Extreme settings would give a "shuttering" or "chopping" type effect that could be applied to an instrument, track or entire song.

Post edited by workergray on
Tagged:

Comments

TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22

This could be cool. I'd also like to see a noise gate on the line in for input-as-oscillator use, and maybe that could tie in with threshhold triggering for auto start sample recording.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

How about SIDE chain... I use SIDE chain compressor as 3rd ADSR, yes I know it is not “automatic” based on the level but you can control every single sequenced step (yes you need to change the drum kit to have two kicks: one that you hear and one “virtual” for triggering the SIDE-CHAIN)
    As of today’s firmware version only THE kick on the bottom of the drum kit track can be used as a SOURCE for the SIDE CHAIN. ...and you don’t necessary want to do SIDE chain on a complicated kick track for NON filter modulation situations.

I requested a parameter to control which track is used for SIDE Chain. In that case you could even run a virtual track just for side chain triggering, and imagine you do it in triplets and polyrhythmic ... I smell modular if you know what I mean.

@TactileAF said:
    This could be cool. I'd also like to see a noise gate on the line in for input-as-oscillator use, and maybe that could tie in with threshhold triggering for auto start sample recording.

yes to both of these. I was experimenting with plugging an electric guitar straight into the deluge for a fun portable jamming rig, I ended up deciding I needing at least a noise gate pedal in between, would be nice to be able to cut that out.

bump

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

upvote for dynamics effects.
    wondering if effects like compressor, noise gate, limiter, maximizer, etc. were excluded for a good reason. samplers usually cover this. for me a compressor is most favored. i like Deluge does focus on „creative“ effects but it would be very nice to have that sort of „boring“ effects too :)