Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SCREWS FOR PARAMETER KNOB

philfrombelfastphilfrombelfast United KingdomPosts: 9
edited February 2021 in General Discussion

Hello everyone,

does anyone have info on the type of screws for the golden parameter knob or a link to where i can source them.

i have only had my Deluge for a month but have noticed one is missing.

thanks people

Phil

Post edited by philfrombelfast on

Comments

MugwoodMugwood DenmarkPosts: 18

Hey there Phil - I had the same question a couple of months ago, here's the email response I got from Ian at Synthstrom when I asked about spare grub screws:
    "I'd say the easier route would just be to order more knob caps. We sell these on the website. The grub screws are custom as are the knob caps, we currently don't have more grub screws than we have knob caps, though we may do in a few months."

I guess you could email support and ask if they now have any spares - but it might be worthwhile ordering a couple of knobs. Oh, and you'll need a 1.5mm hex key for the grub screw when you get one :)

Thanks for the response Mugwood, must check this out.
    Cheers
    Phil

On closer inspection it appears that none of my knobs have any screws in them! anyone else had this?

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Are your knobs loose ? They are quite small and hard to see you know.

edited February 2021

Not loose, non existent i think.
    I have only had my Deluge from new for less than 6 weeks. The knobs are still quite stiff which is why I haven't noticed it until now.

Post edited by philfrombelfast on
    janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
    edited February 2021

I might be wrong and You might really lost them. But i had pretty much the same issue, after using the deluge for just a couple of days the golden knob become lose. To be honest the screw is pretty tiny and almost not visible even from your viewpoint in your picture. I first thought i lost it too. You can actually see it better when you take the knob off and look inside. It should stick out a bit from the inside.

I solved it just by ordering a 1.5mm wrench to tighten the screw. So far its not coming off anymore.

Post edited by janbert on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

You can't see them from the outside as they're quite deeply hidden. If the knobs don't fall off, it should be alright.
    The only way to check, is with an 1.5mm hex key. If it locks, the screw is still in there.