β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Freezing 3.1.4

LabRatLabRat WellingtonPosts: 3

Hi there,
My deluge has frozen multiple times since upgrading to 3.1.4. It seems to happen when I'm using midi in to the deluge... I had a look for related discussions but they seem to suggest other freezing issues have been resolved before this firmware version.

Thanks very much!

Comments

LabRatLabRat WellingtonPosts: 3

Fixed! It was a power issue, just needed to check the battery connection. Thanks Ian!

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

My Deluge has frozen several times in the past day or two. Everything locks up and it admits a high pitched sustained note. I'm on 3.1.4 firmware

It seems to be related to editing/playback of audio - either in audio clips or on a kit row. Don't have anymore to go off of but can try to make some reproducible. Pretty sure it's happened both on battery power and external power.

Appreciate any advice!

Contacted Synthstrom about it - generallly, a high pitched whine is associated with not having enough power. My freezes must have happened on low battery charge.

Appreciate the help @Ian_Jorgensen

tulpatechnotulpatechno Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I've had a similar this morning, but not that its freezing. It's been working fine, but now when I turn it on there's nothing but static. Everything functions as normal, but I get a background static hum that gets louder if I play audio/programed notes. I flashed the firmware, re-seated the batter, am charging even though it should be good, and still happens without an sd card inserted. Not sure what else I can do, but I think this has happened to me once before. Any help is appreciated.

Post edited by tulpatechno on
    volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

do you have some wi-fi near?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

xapxap USBeta Tester Posts: 17

I've been noticing increasingly frequent freezes where no error code is displayed but the device stops responding and emits a whine.
    It sounds like this could be related to voltage? How would I go about diagnosing whether voltage is low, and what can I do about it? Should I replace the battery or power supply (it happens when plugged in and not) Is there a voltage regulator that's failing?

@xap Trying with a different power supply couldn't hurt (and most people have USB chargers lying around)

Past that, I'd recommend reaching out to their support: ian@synthstrom.com

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

funkymothersfunkymothers LondonPosts: 48
    edited February 2021

I have been having the same issue and have been trying to pinpoint its source. So far It has happened mostly when I have been using a USB Hub and the Deluge receiving MIDI Input from another source or sources. In my case it did not matter whether the MIDI notes were coming into the Deluge via USB or DIN MIDI.

I have a 9V 2A PSU powering the Deluge and a Faderfox EC4 and AKAI MPD 226 connected via USB. I have also had a Toraiz Squid hooked up via USB but the freezes kept happening despite switching the Squid off when troubleshooting. The Squid and MPD both have separate PSU's so I would hazard a guess that power is not the problem in my case.

Post edited by funkymothers on