Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Cinematic music video soundtrack written on Deluge

MendMusicMendMusic RomaniaPosts: 11

Violin by amazing Irina Movileanu
would love to hear your thoughts about it
® Mendel Collective

Post edited by MendMusic on

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

This is extraordinary!

I could list all the individually wonderful things about it, but that wouldn't do justice to the whole. I've watched it three times in a row.

Out of curiosity, did you record the violin into the Deluge and process it in there? Was it all mixed in the Deluge or exported? It sounds incredibly accomplished.

@Alder_Dice said:
    This is extraordinary!

I could list all the individually wonderful things about it, but that wouldn't do justice to the whole. I've watched it three times in a row.

Out of curiosity, did you record the violin into the Deluge and process it in there? Was it all mixed in the Deluge or exported? It sounds incredibly accomplished.

Thank you so much!
    I wish I could do all that you've mentioned on Deluge. but I had to export (record) each track into Ableton in order to EQ the channels. The violin was recorded in the daw stage. the rest was made on Deluge

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Yes, that makes sense. The time you took to export the stems and process in Ableton was well worth it.

That said, I do enjoy the limitations of mixing with only the 2-band EQ, the four types of filter, saturation and reverb. I think my mixing has improved as a result.... although I'd of course be very grateful for a 16-band graphic EQ in a future firmware!

@Alder_Dice you are right, If you can mix with that you will do magic on a 16 band eq!
    Is that a concrete goal? are they working on that?