Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Moving/arranging clips

philfrombelfastphilfrombelfast United KingdomPosts: 9

Hi All, i have had my deluge around a week now and i am well impressed.

one question i have is, in clip mode after making around a dozen clips or so i feel it is getting a bit messy.

i normally have... example:
drums - couple of lines
drum progressions/variations - couple of lines
bass line - couple of lines
effects, rises - fills etc - couple of lines
melody - couples of lines
samples etc - couple of lines

once i get to this stage and want to add say another bass or drum line - is there a way i can insert it into line 2 or 3 or does it have to go at the beginning/end? do you know what i mean?

not a big problem but it would help a lot with my workflow...

thanks
phil

Comments

OrthesianOrthesian United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 14

First, make or clone the track you want to make next at the top or the bottom.
    Then, in song mode, press and hold a button on the grid for the clip you wish to move and then use the up/down selector knob and this will shift the track up and down list so you can group your items together. Especially helpful for organizing linked tracks together.
    No way I know of to directly insert, but this is the next best thing and just shifts the whole matrix of tracks around without having to copy/paste or some nonsense.

philfrombelfastphilfrombelfast United KingdomPosts: 9

@Orthesian said:
    First, make or clone the track you want to make next at the top or the bottom.
    Then, in song mode, press and hold a button on the grid for the clip you wish to move and then use the up/down selector knob and this will shift the track up and down list so you can group your items together. Especially helpful for organizing linked tracks together.
    No way I know of to directly insert, but this is the next best thing and just shifts the whole matrix of tracks around without having to copy/paste or some nonsense.

Excellent Orthesian, this is exactly what I wanted, it makes life so much easier.

Thanks for your help! :)

Phil