Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Strange bug: Deluge does not boot on certain Midi Input

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Recently I was shocked Deluge would not boot. With or without USB power. As if dead.
It was caused by midi input from a small midi box called midipal.
Routing via my Mac midi interface the problem is still there.
Tried to pin down the problematic midi data, it is kind of weird, using midiPipe Channel Messages seem to be the problem. Not Sysex or Clock Messages as I expected. If I let pass just the notes, it is fine. If I let just pass CC's, it is fine. If I let pass both CC and Notes, the Deluge doesn't boot. Did not encounter this when hooking up other midi devices though. So it might be caused by some garbage midipal produces, not sure, had to investigate further.
2 screenshots showing the filter I have set in midiPipe and some monitor display.

Demo Vid:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1106hbbhf46tyi/IMG_0097 (1).mp4?dl=0
Display on the midipal is not readable: I start and stop a midi sequencer. While the sequence is running the Deluge does not boot.
If wanted I can try to send you a midi file that reproduces the error on playback.

Hope this helps.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Huh! Never experienced this when plugging in 8 different midi devices to the Deluge via 2 quadra-mergers.
    Must be really specific

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Thanks for the info, not a problem for me, just had bad 5 minutes. Will keep an eye on the issue.