β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

TAL Deluge - multisample instruments collection

13Β»

Comments

SjonSjineSjonSjine NederlandPosts: 23

@Icoustik said:
    Oh btw, seen this collection of free multis? Nice, obscure and quirky sounds, and lots of unique piano characters, experimental combos etc. But some samples need a bit of work, converting sample/bitrate, arranging files/folders, exporting wavs from Kontakt instruments and such

https://pianobook.co.uk/pianobook-library

Link not working, do you mean this one? https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/category/pianos/

F

rensrens United KingdomPosts: 14

this pack is brilliant; just got around to loading it up. thanks so much for doing this!!!

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Great collection...now I am missing the ability to load a specific synth, I guess this is not possible.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Eddy said:
    Great collection...now I am missing the ability to load a specific synth, I guess this is not possible.

Copy the synths .xml's in your synth folder on the deluge. You can check one preset .xml to see if you got multisamples where they need to be.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

SofferSoffer IsraelPosts: 5

Thank you!

knellknell United StatesPosts: 3

Wow, this is priceless, thank you for this amazing collection of sounds. Been listening with headphones for the last hour or so - takes the deluge to the next level for less than 6GB on the SD, incredible. Thank you rohan and all the other sound gurus out there

dirty_coatdirty_coat Upstate New York USAPosts: 7

This is adds so much to the Deluge! Thank you so much for this!!

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

Awesome sounds & great quality samples, thanks so much for sharing with the community!

I did find that the enitr slows down my entire deluge quite significantly -not only the actual init of each synth but all menus seem to get more sluggish. This is a bit of an issue in live jams where i quickly need to scroll through synths but essentially get 'locked' into each TAL synth until it has loaded.
    So for now I will only pick the sounds I like at the moment and deinstall the others for later inspiration - hope that will fix the issue!

Thanks again

@nilscreates said:
    Awesome sounds & great quality samples, thanks so much for sharing with the community!

I did find that the enitr slows down my entire deluge quite significantly -not only the actual init of each synth but all menus seem to get more sluggish. This is a bit of an issue in live jams where i quickly need to scroll through synths but essentially get 'locked' into each TAL synth until it has loaded.
    So for now I will only pick the sounds I like at the moment and deinstall the others for later inspiration - hope that will fix the issue!

Thanks again

By rotating the select knob you still changing presets, no need to wait for it to load, i found that after a 1000+ presets the change got a few miliseconds slower. And also its more sluggish if browsing while song is playing.

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

Maby a faster SD-Card can reduce the slow down.

facebook is evil

bleurghbleurgh Sydney, AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 26

Thanks for this. PS... On a mac: OPTION+drag the contents of folder 1 into folder 2 if you want the finder to show you the "merge" option.

doctorauxiliarydoctorauxiliary United StatesPosts: 2

@Metamere thanks kindly for the comprehensive list.

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

Fantastic, thank you!

go1dfishgo1dfish United StatesPosts: 1

This is incredible, thank you so much OP! Made this account mainly to thank you for this amazing contribution and can't wait to see what kinds of beats and synths I'll be able to make with the instruments you've provided for us here!

melchrmelchr United StatesPosts: 10

When i go to play these in my deluge, the file name appears but there is no sound for any of these files. any idea why?

edited November 2020

You may have the samples in the wrong place, you can check this by opening a patch xml file with a text editor, the path where the samples are expected to be found is there. eg:

So all the TAL multisamples should be in SAMPLES/Multisamples/ then the TAL multisamples folder containing all the other subfolders, Piano, Rhodes etc...

Post edited by volsteh on

NoSoulToSellNoSoulToSell United StatesPosts: 2

Nice share thanks!

cnmdcnmd AustraliaPosts: 4

Thanks for sharing!
    So I’ve got these in the same folder as the stock synth presets.. is it normal for Deluge to take about 30sec to load each multisample sound?

edited February 2021

If you mistyped and mean 3 seconds, yes its normal, it takes 3 seconds to load the a tal multisample patch on my deluge, on a 170MB/s SD card. Speed may vary i guess. Tested it on a empty song so maybe this also contribute to the load speed.

Post edited by volsteh on

Interesting. For me quite often it’s at least more than 10sec. Maybe I have a slow-ish SD card..

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited February 2021

@cnmd said:
    Interesting. For me quite often it’s at least more than 10sec. Maybe I have a slow-ish SD card..

What SD card do you use, specifically?

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

@Icoustik said:
    What SD card do you use, specifically?

I’ve got the stock one that comes with the Deluge
    (Verbatim Premium 32GB, 90MB/s Read)

DekalboyDekalboy FranceBeta Tester Posts: 35

Would it t be better if we use a se card that is 150mb/s speed or more ?
    Does the speed of the se card increase the speed of reading the files by the deluge ?
    I have some issues while reading some files ( for instance the famous TAL presets ) where the deluge is a bit slow ... changing sd card would solve this issue ?

Some reports say faster cards do help with this.

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

Thanks for your work.

What is this "#MORE HS" folder for?

ddobreddobre New JerseyPosts: 2

Hello, thank you for this awesome sound collection!

One question: I followed the directions and seem to be able to access and play all the multisample instruments with ease, but the synth XML files that I transferred to my Deluge's SYNTH folder don't make any sound. I dragged and dropped the XML TAL synth files directly into my own synth folder. Is there something I'm missing?

@ddobre said:
    Hello, thank you for this awesome sound collection!

One question: I followed the directions and seem to be able to access and play all the multisample instruments with ease, but the synth XML files that I transferred to my Deluge's SYNTH folder don't make any sound. I dragged and dropped the XML TAL synth files directly into my own synth folder. Is there something I'm missing?

You need the XML files in your SYNTHS folder, and the samples in the correct filepath within your SAMPLES folder :)
    The XML files need to read the sample files from the same locations they are saved with.

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

With the 4.0 Firmware, you can make a subfolder in the SYNTHS folder to keep thinks tidy.

facebook is evil

QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8

Thanks for sharing these free samples and thanks also for all the effort !!!

@Questor said:
    Thanks for sharing these free samples and thanks also for all the effort !!!

:) :)