Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

problem saving

Hi Everyone..... I have been enjoying working with the deluge pretty heavily over the last 6 months.... I use it with a small eurorack setup... the deluge is the drummer, clock source and tape recorder.... i love the ease and immediacy of recording the modular this way and building tracks around those recordings...

my problem is that the deluge often can't find the audio files when i try to reopen a session.... even when i "collect all and save"... i have to go back and manually put the files into the appropriate audio tracks..... this is becoming difficult because I am up to almost 100 "songs" on my deluge and i can't keep track of which audio clips go with which songs.....

has anyone else had this problem? am i doing something wrong?

thanks all.... stay safe!

Comments

wretchrowretchro laPosts: 5

hi.... this just came up on a gearslutz thread and somebody suggested that i post here so i decided to bump this thread.... if anybody has any ideas, that would be great.... i am on the latest os.... but still no cigar....thanks

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28

Possibly related: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2962/save-collect-results-in-error-and-random-loss-of-samples

I reported this as a bug a while ago, and it should have been fixed as of 3.1.0. But I haven't had a chance to try it out. Since you said you're on the latest OS, there still seem to be a problem. When I reported the bug, I found a step-by-step that reliably caused the bug to happen. Could you try finding steps that trigger the problem?

wretchrowretchro laPosts: 5

thank you for your response.... what you described in your post sounds very similar to my problem.....when i save and collect in a session, i do not get an error message, but if i save and collect again in the same session, after recording more audio, for instance, i get an error message, so i end up doing a normal save.... unfortunately, my files are regardless of how many times i save and collect. also, it only seems to happen with audio clips. if i make a drum kit out of my samples, i am able to recall the session with the kit, all samples intact... I'll keep troubleshooting and hopefully it will be solved in an update at some point.... i did write to customer support a while ago but they never responded....

@wretchro said:
    thank you for your response.... what you described in your post sounds very similar to my problem.....when i save and collect in a session, i do not get an error message, but if i save and collect again in the same session, after recording more audio, for instance, i get an error message, so i end up doing a normal save.... unfortunately, my files are regardless of how many times i save and collect. also, it only seems to happen with audio clips. if i make a drum kit out of my samples, i am able to recall the session with the kit, all samples intact... I'll keep troubleshooting and hopefully it will be solved in an update at some point.... i did write to customer support a while ago but they never responded....

Hey wretchro,

I experience problems related to what you state here - any progress or news from your side regarding this? I have created a post here:

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/3658/collect-error#latest