Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

midi tru box midi-powered by Deluge ?

ZillonZillon La Rochelle, FrancePosts: 3

Hello, thanks for having me in this forum. I'm a Deluge newbie.

I would like to know if I can use a tru midi box which needs to be midi-powered by the electronic device to which it is connected.
Can the Deluge do this?

I'm thinking about having a quadra-tru-box from midi solutions to connect several synth with the Deluge.

Thanks

Comments

ZillonZillon La Rochelle, FrancePosts: 3

The answer is no. The Deluge don't do that.

Thanks to Ian Jorgensen for his answer : "Those don't work with lots of gear and the Deluge doesn't work with them 100% of them time"

ThetimiThetimi GermanyPosts: 7

Hi Zillion

The quadra thru box by midi solitions can be powered by the deluge. Others cant. I am powering it in my current setup.

Cheers
    Tim

ccreswickccreswick Western AustraliaPosts: 5

@Thetimi said:
    Hi Zillion

The quadra thru box by midi solitions can be powered by the deluge. Others cant. I am powering it in my current setup.

Cheers
    Tim

Thanks for the info Zillion. Is that maybe because of the change in midi standard from 5v to 3.3v? The Multivotage Quadra thru seems to support both standards.
    http://www.midisolutions.com/faqs.htm
    Regards Campbell

mattfwaltersmattfwalters Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 8

I would not recommend using the MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru, but I'm driving MIDI clock into a bunch of synths and pedals and sequencing tracks through mine and it seems to be dropping out regularly (stuck notes, Machinedrum loses the plot and freeruns, etc). I have a Kenton Thru-12 coming in a few days, and when I swap it into my rig, I will either be very happy or returning to this forum to talk about the awful MIDI timing / reliability issues I'm having. Hopefully the former. :)

mattfwaltersmattfwalters Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 8

Update: the Kenton Thru-12 solved the timing / dropout issues. So that's great news and a big ol' +1 to "don't use the MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru".

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

I've used Quadra Thru a lot with various gear, and have no problems with it!

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK