Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

V3 Cheat Sheet, Iconized

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143
edited October 2019 in General Discussion

(cross posted from Reddit group)

Deluge Cheat Sheet for V3 onwards. I tried to keep it all iconized where possible. The principle is that each key is represented by an icon and is augmented with an action icon. Key combinations taken from the latest version of the user manual. Not everything is represented, I just picked the ones I thought were the most useful or the easiest to forget! :smile:

I designed it to print as an A4 sheet but obviously you could scale it down (or up!) to suit your needs.

Edit: 5th October 2019. New improved version. More commands, tidier layout and also a small legend/key/guide section to hopefully help.

Post edited by neilbaldwin on

Comments

A quick hint to get you started: if an icon is surrounded by a solid square it means 'hold', if it's surrounded by a circle it means 'press' and if it has two circular arrows it means 'turn'. Where two icons are inside brackets it means you must hold both buttons at the same time.

Oh and I've already spotted a couple of mistakes, sorry! :smiley:

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 24

Great work! I don't think it'd be much use stuck on the bottom of the Deluge though as it'd be flexing cables all the time & there's a risk of dropping it which is too much bother for me, but laminated on a sheet which could slide out from under the Deluge from a pocket on the bottom (like a toaster crumb tray)... well, I'd buy one! Maybe the flip side could be a plan view with clearer grid shortcuts. I'll make one in the meantime...

Learning the Deluge reminds me of learning photoshop - frustrating at first with a massive learning curve but once you know, it's fantastic. I'm presently still a beginner but I'm sensing the immensity of the Deluge for future creativity. And that includes the constant vigilance & work by the Synthstrom folk too - worth every penny :)

New version in original post. Enjoy!

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

Excellent work. Very useful. Thanks for taking the time

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Wow nice ! THANKS!

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Just_Peter118Just_Peter118 The NetherlandsPosts: 42

Thank you, Neil. This is really very helpfull!

No worries. If you spot any errors or anything that isn't particularly clear just comment here and I'll look at it.

woodswalkerwoodswalker USAPosts: 15

I printed this out but even the full page was hard to read. (bad eyes.) Is there a downloadable high-res version I could expand & print on 2 pages?

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

@woodswalker said:
    I printed this out but even the full page was hard to read. (bad eyes.) Is there a downloadable high-res version I could expand & print on 2 pages?

Search in the options of your printer driver "Posterize", "Scale" or something similar, where you can pint 1 page on 2. Maye that's an option.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

maartenmaarten AmsterdamPosts: 12

Great!! Thanks a lot!

Dante4Dante4 UkPosts: 15

Great,thanks for taking the time to do this.

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

@woodswalker said:

bad eyes here also .. HELP!!!! LOL

coxideliccoxidelic californiaPosts: 2

Thanks so much for making this!

AmiganutAmiganut AustraliaPosts: 3

thanks awesome sheet, really helpful as you really need a good memory using the deluge, which is something I no longer have :)

No worries, hope it helps! :smile:

These recent replies have reminded me I need to do another pass on it as I think there were a couple of errors (or things that were not so clear). Will post an updated one in the next couple of days.

edited June 2020

New version with a slightly different layout (sorry!) so I could fit a few more functions in. Includes the note repeat and note shift functions from V3.1

Post edited by neilbaldwin on
    EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Great Job Neil...I just came here to ask for an update and you have done it already :)

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Thank you @neilbaldwin !
    This is very handy.

Another new version. Sorry for anyone that's printed and laminated it! :smile:

• I spotted a couple of mistakes (still!) so they're fixed now
    • It bugged me that I'd built the function lists just randomly as I thought of them and I realised it made it quite difficult to scan the text for a particular feature/function. New version is alphabetically sorted(ish) with the fuction preceded by the sub-function name. It's not 100% consistent but it's much improved.

henleybhenleyb United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 18

This is great! Thank you for putting it together and sharing, will be printing it out and putting it to good use. :D

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

great job .. many tnx

No worries people, hope it helps ❤️

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21

Great stuff - had the original in good use for the last year - great to have this update Neil, thank you!

Joe_SheepJoe_Sheep AVL USPosts: 9

this is awesome! thanks

MDLAMDLA FranceBeta Tester Posts: 7

Thank u Neil, it helps a lot.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

@neilbaldwin said:

• It bugged me that I'd built the function lists just randomly as I thought of them and I realised it made it quite difficult to scan the text for a particular feature/function. New version is alphabetically sorted(ish) with the fuction preceded by the sub-function name. It's not 100% consistent but it's much improved.

In "SYNTH/KEY/MIDI/CV CLIPS" , do these shortcuts refer to different views? For example "Track, solo" seems to work only in SONG and ARRNGER views (and is already mentioned in "SONG VIEW" section of the chart). Meanwhile "Transpose Clip Octave" works in "CLIP VIEW".

@broughtonfilm said:

@neilbaldwin said:

In "SYNTH/KEY/MIDI/CV CLIPS" , do these shortcuts refer to different views? For example "Track, solo" seems to work only in SONG and ARRNGER views (and is already mentioned in "SONG VIEW" section of the chart). Meanwhile "Transpose Clip Octave" works in "CLIP VIEW".

I'll look into those: thanks!

empiempi GermanyPosts: 7

Really useful, thank you!

anduuanduu ChicagoPosts: 4

Looks great! I'll print this out and give it a test drive.