Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Modulators to MIDI #CC

Hi Forum
I need your help...
In a MIDI Clip - Is it possible to route the modulators (LFOs, Envelopes, etc...) to a certain MIDI #CC (Midi Control Message)?
What I would like to do is to control an external synth‘s parameters from its MIDI Clip on the Deluge.
If this is not possible yet, could this be a feature request?
Thank you very much for all your feedbacks, inputs and advices.

Comments

sojacalciumsojacalcium FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

I don't think you can do that exactly as you say, however you could remap the gold knobs of that midi clip, to whatever you want, and therefore control the external synth from that. Search for "Controlling and sequencing MIDI CC, pitch bend and channel aftertouch" in the manual, if you haven't already.

FuMusicFuMusic Posts: 6

@sojacalcium said:
    I don't think you can do that exactly as you say, however you could remap the gold knobs of that midi clip, to whatever you want, and therefore control the external synth from that. Search for "Controlling and sequencing MIDI CC, pitch bend and channel aftertouch" in the manual, if you haven't already.

Thank you for your advice. This I already tried and it works. But I can achieve same results by turnig the synth’s specific knob during recording the midi clip...
    I am really looking for adressing the deluge‘s modulators to MIDI #CC (LFOs, EGs, etc...). So I can control the synth im a more complex way...

dogblessyoudogblessyou Sweden Posts: 1

I haven’t received my Deluge yet. I figured you could use modulators on any parameter knob, also when it controls a midi parameter? You can’t? If not, definitely at the top of my feature request list.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

@FuMusic: I get what you're asking for (after reading this through like seven times), and it would be pretty cool, but I also guess that it would be incredibly hard to implement.

The split between kit, synth, and midi/cv tracks is pretty fundamental, and what you're asking for crosses those boundaries: using a Deluge synth voice LFO to send arbitrary MIDI CC data.

I think, like @sojacalcium suggested, your best bet is through twisting the gold knobs in a MIDI track, and recording that. Or if it's about doing it quickly, you could enter some blank MIDI notes in the sequencer with velocity 0, and do stepwise tweaks to the CCs you want to send. (The old "fake automation lane" trick.) But yeah, it's not the same.

Do you know of any synth that lets you send its LFO/envelope/whatever mod as CC data out to others? That would be wild!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Most Elektron boxes (e.g. Digitakt) can route LFO to CC. MPC cant afaik.
    Most of the standalone hardware sequencers like Cirklon can do this too. Dont know how common it is to get this feature in the "grooveboxes" segment.
    However, CCs are not well suited for fast, continuous value changes, it can easily sound "stepped". Rather than controlling the filter with a stream of LFO-ish Midi CCs, I route the synths LFO to its filter and control the synths LFO params (like amount, speed, ..) with CCs. Of course this is only one application, would be fun to use the Deluge LFOs and ENVs to generate and modify Midi CCs and CVs.

t0et0e Posts: 7
    edited April 2023

Hey Guys, just asking if theres anything new or planned regarding Deluge-LFOs affecting MIDI CC?
    I would really love it aswell :)

Post edited by t0e on
    chrisrolandchrisroland United StatesPosts: 40

MIDI FX and CC modulation by LFO is probably the biggest thing i feel like i'm leaving behind in switching over to Deluge from Hapax/Pyramid so anything more than what's currently implemented would be welcome to switchers like me