Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Reverb pedals

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60
edited May 2020 in General Discussion

Hello all,

I have been looking into getting a reverb pedal which compliments the Deluge. I am still learning so I wanted to check a few things and it would be good to hear your thoughts on the matter.

It is my understanding that in order to effect individual clips rather than the whole sound via stereo outputs, I would need a reverb pedal which supports midi. Is this correct?

It appears that the Strymon BigSky is the go to for many people with others recommending the Ventris Dual Reverb and the Eventide Space.

I am considering selling a few things in order to justify spending so much on a reverb unit, before I do, any advice or preferences? I would be interested to hear about your set-up.

Thanks!

Post edited by PixelKicker on

Comments

Rian78Rian78 USAPosts: 22

I have a Strymon Bigsky and its amazing, loads of custom control and midi capable, I sync to bpm mainly.
    As far as it only effecting individual clips rather than the whole sound.....no.
    Its going to apply its magic to the audio as a whole.
    Don't let that discourage you though.
    Its a studio grade effect and its so versatile you can dial in a great reverb for anything.

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

@Rian78 said:
    I have a Strymon Bigsky and its amazing, loads of custom control and midi capable, I sync to bpm mainly.
    As far as it only effecting individual clips rather than the whole sound.....no.
    Its going to apply its magic to the audio as a whole.
    Don't let that discourage you though.
    Its a studio grade effect and its so versatile you can dial in a great reverb for anything.

Ahh okay got it, thank you for clearing that up. I think I am going to go for it, to help myself sleep at night I will sell my SNES collection...

I have been searching YouTube for videos on how people have their Deluge set-up with other gear and have struggled to find anything educational based on what I am considering. Maybe I'll have to make my own video when I have it all figured out.

Thanks again!