β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Boards of Deluge #3 Patch Bank - 50 new presets available now! :)

jman81jman81 PolandBeta Tester Posts: 47

Additional 50 Synth Patches for Synthstrom Audible Deluge - "Boards of Deluge #3" is here! :)**

Grab the sound bank: https://synth-patches.com/deluge/boards-of-deluge-3/

See demo video:

Β«1

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Very beautiful presets !

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

Thank you for another great set of synths resets!

Brass side of life: JTK

Thank you all for the great feedback. I hopu you will find lot of fun working with these sounds :)

Can you tell me which of the patches are most useful to you? Leads, ambient textures or pluck/ARPs? It would be good to know which direction I should go in the future releases.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    edited April 2020

For me I love the ambient stuff. Evolving sounds. Loved the deluge but always struggled with getting good sounds out of it. Your packs have really shown me I have a lot to learn in respect to sound design

Post edited by RandomAztec on

@RandomAztec said:
    For me I love the ambient stuff. Evolving sounds. Loved the deluge but always struggled with getting good sounds out of it. Your packs have really shown me I have a lot to learn in respect to sound design

Great, I love creating these textures. I will keep it in mind! Thank you! :)

Cheers,
    Chris

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28
    edited May 2020

@jman81 said:
    Can you tell me which of the patches are most useful to you? Leads, ambient textures or pluck/ARPs? It would be good to know which direction I should go in the future releases.

As for the sound type (lead/pad/etc.) I think the mix you're doing in each pack is perfect.

As for sound character, I really love the "warm" character a lot of your sounds have, but I also like "cold" glassy sounds. For example the sounds in this song:
    Especially the sound right at the start..It's not a "complex" sound but the attack is really cool, as well as the slight pitch drift during the sustain.

Or maybe pads like in mid-90s athmospheric drum'n'bass? e.g. the one at the beginning here:
    Or here:
    Or here:

They were done on things like Korg M1, Wavestation or JV-1080. But it would be interesting how far a skilled sound designer can go on the Deluge πŸ™‚

Post edited by o_o on

@o_o said:

They were done on things like Korg M1, Wavestation or JV-1080. But it would be interesting how far a skilled sound designer can go on the Deluge πŸ™‚

Wow, thank you for all these tips :) I will think about these sounds making #4 Boards of Deluge later this year. Korg M1 is a classic. I wonder if I could recreate some of the famous sounds...hmm :)

Cheeers! :)
    Chris

magneticummagneticum Posts: 32
    edited July 2020

Hello.
    Your presets sound very nice. I bought one of them.
    Can you create some more modern sounding leads/plucks and pads? (for chillout and trance). Modern bass sounds also would be nice.
    Thnks

Post edited by magneticum on

Can you create some more modern sounding leads/plucks and pads? (for chillout and trance). Modern bass sounds also would be nice.

Can you post a link to the example? I will see :)

Cheers,
    Chris

SantodeluxeSantodeluxe United StatesPosts: 8

Looking forward to downloading this. I have enjoyed exploring both packs while being creative. Eventually I find some piece of your work that sits perfectly in the mix.

Thank you!

@jman81 said:

Can you post a link to the example? I will see :)

Cheers,
    Chris

Smth like this (are Deluge synth engines capable of this?)
    https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2-presets-vol-5-trance

Smth like this (are Deluge synth engines capable of this?)
    https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2-presets-vol-5-trance

This is not my style at all, but...an interesting challenge actually :D I will try! The fourth part will have drum presets included as well.

Cheers,
    Chrs

edited July 2020

This is not my style at all, but...an interesting challenge actually :D I will try! The fourth part will have drum presets included as well.

I wrote here http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/3071/deluge-is-a-great-synth-but-development-is-too-slow#latest that Deluge really lacks sounds.

But it seems that not so many people agree with me.
    But I still think that Deluge lacks some FX and a lot of quality sound presets.
    Ok, let's wait for the 4th part.

But it seems that not so many people agree with me.
    But I still think that Deluge lacks some FX and a lot of quality sound presets.
    Ok, let's wait for the 4th part.

Ok so check this sound - the lead and the kick were created using only Deluge's synth engine. Are you interested in this kind of trance sounds? Here's link to the sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJ44V2qT1pQ-FVzNc4h5PfTI5Pr_fp37/view?usp=sharing

edited July 2020

I listened to it. Kick sound is good. It seems to be fm kick, correct?
    As to the synth sound, I did not really like it, it sounds like from "old music machines".
    Is it the problem that Deluge has only 2 operators in FM engine?

here some more examples of modern sounding in trance genre.
    https://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7

As to the synth sound, I did not really like it, it sounds like from "old music machines".

Kick was made with standard subtractive engine. You know that these examples you linked are fully processed and mastered. It's very important part of this genre I guess. There is huge amount of reverb, sidechain and compresion. This is why It's sounds so punchy.

@jman81 said:

Kick was made with standard subtractive engine. You know that these examples you linked are fully processed and mastered. It's very important part of this genre I guess. There is huge amount of reverb, sidechain and compresion. This is why It's sounds so punchy.

Ok. I do mixing and some mastering. I understand what you say.
    But I am not good in sound design.
    Here are some examples of my music
    https://soundcloud.com/magneticum

So, if you could make some modern sounds would be nice. But I think it is better that you do what you think is good without asking me because it is very difficult in this way I think.

You always can plug in an external modern synth into Deluge, sequence it and add some Deluge drums. I will try to make the #4 part of the pack as versatile as I can. But of course I'n not able to promise anythig right now :) At least the kicks will be fat :D Cheers!

edited July 2020

You always can plug in an external modern synth into Deluge,

I do not like external gear. I prefer to be everything in one device.

Is there option in Deluge to set instrument to mono?
    If I want bass to sit nice in the mix I want it to be mono, so is there way to do that?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@magneticum said:
    Is there option in Deluge to set instrument to mono?
    If I want bass to sit nice in the mix I want it to be mono, so is there way to do that?

Yes, the polyphony setting, there is poly, mono, legato and auto..

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Yes, the polyphony setting, there is poly, mono, legato and auto..

I mean mono = stereo width 0, not mono that means you can't play more then one note at a time.

@magneticum said:
    I mean mono = stereo width 0, not mono that means you can't play more then one note at a time.

Oh, sorry, don't know about that.

RasmusJesRasmusJes DenmarkPosts: 4

Thanks for some great presets! :) I have the BOD1-3 and will definitely also get the 4th when available. Since the number of presets are starting to add up, it would be really nice with a download option where the presets are named by categories (bass, lead, pad, arp, fx, etc.) instead of numbers. Would that be possible?
    I could of course do that myself but I suspect that others might also like that option?

Hi!
    Yes! I will prepare the patch / styles list and publish it at the begining of September.:)

Cheers,
    Chris

RasmusJesRasmusJes DenmarkPosts: 4

Sounds great. Looking forward to it. :)

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

Hmmm I went to the link and clicked on buy and that's as far as I got...I couldn't purchase the sound set through your website...Turned off the adblocker and even tried a different web client...same result.

@neddycgoon said:
    Hmmm I went to the link and clicked on buy and that's as far as I got...I couldn't purchase the sound set through your website...Turned off the adblocker and even tried a different web client...same result.

Have you tried to type in the price in the box above the buy button.

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

@volsteh said:
    Have you tried to type in the price in the box above the buy button.

facepalm....lol....didnt realize I had to do that I saw the $12 in there and thought that was it....DOH!

edited September 2020

So, any examples of new sound presets?

Β«1