β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

TAL Deluge - multisample instruments collection

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Here's a bunch of multisample instrument presets made with TAL Sampler and SampleRobot!
99 of 'em ✨
In other words, I sampled a bunch of synth and sampler-samples from a sampler VST which emulates the sound of oldschool samplers, using an auto-multisampling tool πŸ˜‚

I.e. I heard you like samples dawg, so I put some multisamples on your resampled samples to put in your sampler!
Be warned though, its pretty large, 5,7GB's...

Its a nice collection of all kinds of instruments, with a lofi flavor to it. Mostly using the Emu II vintage DAC mode in TAL.
There's some Alpha Juno, ARP Oddyssey, ARP2600, various Moogs, Prophet5, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Hammond organs, Mellotron, some Fairlight CMI instruments etc.
Cool stuff! Turn your Deluge into a ROMpler.
I recommend playing these with a velocity sensitive controller.

To use the presets, put the folder called TAL multisamples in a folder named Multisamples inside your main SAMPLES folder on the SD card, whether you have one already or need to create one.
I.e. the filepath should be: SAMPLES\ Multisamples\ TAL multisamples (the folder in the download).
Then put the preset XML files in the SYNTHS folder into your own SYNTHS folder on your SD.

About TAL Sampler:
"TAL-Sampler is not just a sample player. It's a full featured analog modeled synthesizer with a sampler engine as sound source.

It's possible to choose between different digital analog converters (DAC's) to get the vintage sound of different hardware samplers inside your DAW. We don't make cheap bit crushing or decimation on the output signal. We really down-sample the sample to the desired sampling frequency, then process the data depending on the chosen DAC and up-sample it to the desired pitch."

About SampleRobot:
"SampleRobot is your personal automatic sound library creator. It’s ideal for musicians and sound designers alike. The auto-sampling process easily turns your instruments into high quality multisample sets that can be used with your studio's hardware and software samplers. Create your own pro libraries in a jiffy."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19bqSHCI2-oorlxutJ6hUHX1l3K_-hR0_

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

Post edited by Icoustik on
Β«13

Comments

illobyteillobyte Beta Tester Posts: 6

downloading now.. thank you very much for sharing!

jpakaercjpakaerc FrancePosts: 14

Thank you !!!!

edisonSFedisonSF United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 18

these are dope! thanks a lot!

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

FWIW, Icoustik said it, but it tripped me up anyway: Make sure Google feeds you all three of the zip files for the archive, or else you'll be missing samples, and the D will throw "file missing" errors.

Super cool ton of samples. Now I have to take the time to listen hard to all of them! :smiley:

edisonSFedisonSF United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 18

yea was a little painful, i had to rebuild the folders from all 3 separate zips into 1.... didn't wanna open correctly... but it was worth the hour of unpacking in the end...

@hexagon5un said:
    FWIW, Icoustik said it, but it tripped me up anyway: Make sure Google feeds you all three of the zip files for the archive, or else you'll be missing samples, and the D will throw "file missing" errors.

Super cool ton of samples. Now I have to take the time to listen hard to all of them! :smiley:

Yeah, google is crappy for this large file sharing, I'll upload elsewhere soon :)

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

Dope stuff! You are great, thanks for sharing this. Very generous, that's a lot of work you did there for us <3

@Redpanda said:
    Dope stuff! You are great, thanks for sharing this. Very generous, that's a lot of work you did there for us <3

No prob, its all love my dude <3

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

thanks VERY much for all your hard work n kindness
    however ive trid 3times to remove n install your sounds but my unit just says FILE & cant see your patches when i try to use them PLEASE HELP !!
    TNX

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

NO PROBLEM >>
    DONE IT .
    I HAD TO TRY 3 TIMES .. I THINK THE GOOGLE DRIVE HAD TWO FOLDERS ... BUT AFTER I POINTED MY FIREFOX TO DOWNLOAD TO MY EXTERNAL DRIVE IT WORKED FINE FOR ME & I WAS BLEESED WITH 3ZIPS .. (so after 1hour of organizing the files in to 1 *TAL MULTI SAMPLE FOLDER IT IS WORKING FINE *)

tnx again for this great tool youve given to the community.

jpakaercjpakaerc FrancePosts: 14

Thank you !!!!

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

I think google drive loses some files if you download them via browser. I've checked the XML and the content of my download and there where files missing in the folders. When I download only one sample subfolder, the folder has all files. Weird.

facebook is evil

uijauija GermanyPosts: 8

Using Mac?
    Mac has a weird idea on how to handle 2 folders with the same name. I does not merge but replace them. If you merge the 3 zips together, you will loose some files because of that. :(

@uija said:
    Using Mac?
    Mac has a weird idea on how to handle 2 folders with the same name. I does not merge but replace them. If you merge the 3 zips together, you will loose some files because of that. :(

Nah I'm not on mac. Oh man, that sucks. Google drive is weird.

JRatronJRatron United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

Brilliant, thanks for this :)

Horrible_GoblinHorrible_Goblin CanadaPosts: 15

Thank you so much! I love multisamples B)

1t3m1t3m AucklandPosts: 2

Amazing work mate - downloaded and enjoying now

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

I'm using 7zip on windows. Seems it doesn't handle the multiple zips from google drive right. After I unzipped the files in different folder and merged them in one, everything is ok. Maby uploading it as one .7z or rar on google drive (or mega?) makes less problems.

Changing the folder on the deluge works fast with the search and replace function of notepad++. I've changed it to SAMPLES/MULT/TAL/

facebook is evil

@udeluge said:
    I'm using 7zip on windows. Seems it doesn't handle the multiple zips from google drive right. After I unzipped the files in different folder and merged them in one, everything is ok. Maby uploading it as one .7z or rar on google drive (or mega?) makes less problems.

Changing the folder on the deluge works fast with the search and replace function of notepad++. I've changed it to SAMPLES/MULT/TAL/

I fixed it now I think, if you can confirm that'd be cool

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

Thanks for uploading a single file and the great work. Lot of great sounds!

Brass side of life: JTK

Praemolar24Praemolar24 DeutschlandPosts: 21

Thank you so much. It's so nice from you to share your stuff. <3

GrooveboxerGrooveboxer BerlinPosts: 2

great work, very good samples. Thanks a lot for that.

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited February 2020

This package is a blast on Deluge :) Very nice sounds and synth presets that greatly expand the Deluge's sonic territory. Appreciate it!

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
    NorlonNorlon USAUSAUSABeta Tester Posts: 3

I've downloaded twice and confirmed to location of the multi samples and the synths. I can locate all the multi samples on the Deluge (3.0.3) fine but when i try to load the synths it says "file" and than then the name of the patch and no sound? anyone have a hot tip? should i just try again? using windows 10

@Norlon said:
    I've downloaded twice and confirmed to location of the multi samples and the synths. I can locate all the multi samples on the Deluge (3.0.3) fine but when i try to load the synths it says "file" and than then the name of the patch and no sound? anyone have a hot tip? should i just try again? using windows 10

"File" means it can't find the samples at the address provided, to put it like that. Are you sure they're in the right place? :)
    You need to first create a folder in your SAMPLES folder called multisamples - and then put TAL Multisamples in there.
    SAMPLES\ Multisamples\ TAL multisamples

And also take the synth files out of the SYNTHS folder and put them into your own SYNTHS folder on the SD card, if you didn't do so already

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Agreed! Have used some of the sounds in little experiments/pieces, and they sound really great. Well voiced and well sampled.

Having lots of fun with the Fairlight samples, and the Crumar patch too. Thanks again!

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

downloading now .. cant wait to try

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Great sound set, had to remove TAL from the beginning of the names of the Synth patches as it really obscured the ability to scroll through tones!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Icoustik did you generate all XMLs with SampleRobot?
    i've noticed a few XMLs have a "cents" attributes in "sampleRanges". i think i've seen more in an earlier version of your massive collection.

for example Tal Fairlight Flute.XML
    sampleRange rangeTopNote="22" fileName="SAMPLES/Multisamples/TAL multisamples/#MORE HS/STEREO/Fairlight Flute/tal2-23-Fairlight Flute-021--a-1.wav" transpose="39" cents="-35">

as far as I understand the cents attribute is a result of the automatic Deluge pitch detection? Or did that come from SampleRobot? It seems strange to me this a1.wav file was recorded with almost half a semitone out of tune.

Thanks.

@Myrk said:
    Great sound set, had to remove TAL from the beginning of the names of the Synth patches as it really obscured the ability to scroll through tones!

Cool beanz. Since it searches by beginning of filename, I had to have TAL there as I have like 6000 patches on the D, in order to find them easily :p