Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Timestamps of files saved to SD card are all "12/31/69, 4:00 PM"

the55the55 pdx, or, usPosts: 4

first time caller.

i've had a deluge for a few months and i've used a couple of SD cards. everything that i save to the card from the deluge (eg: songs, resample) is saved with a 1969 timestamp of "12/31/69, 4:00 PM" (local, probably 0 UTC)

is this expected? fixable? let me know, thanks.

Comments

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

Yep i have to agree ..the dodgy time stamp makes easy sort files impossible .again its a basic need for a useful directory .BUT dont me wrong i love this machine

KomplexKomplex Soundform RecordingsBeta Tester Posts: 82

well... since Deluge sorts by name (and so can your computer) maybe right now it isn't AS important as other things that directly affect use of the machine during play...

I didn't even notice 'till this thread came up!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

the strange date you see is a fallback for missing time information in the files written by the Deluge - for UNIX this is when time starts, no religious implications intended ;-)
    i know the dev was pointed to this before and i guess he would have fixed it if he could. i agree files without some basic meta information can be considered as invalid. i dont know for sure i'd say it is a hardware limitation, the Deluge hardware has no clock. this is only a (sophisticated) guess, the final answer had to come from Synthstrom of course.

the55the55 pdx, or, usPosts: 4

thanks for the info. i wanted to bring it up in case there was a quick fix, but i guess not.

the only workflow this affects for me is: i record a lot of ideas to "resample" as sketches, and when i pull those down to my laptop and sort through them, it would be helpful for me to know when i did them. but i guess i have to get in the habit of naming the files, and that's acceptable.

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

@the55 said:
    thanks for the info. i wanted to bring it up in case there was a quick fix, but i guess not.

the only workflow this affects for me is: i record a lot of ideas to "resample" as sketches, and when i pull those down to my laptop and sort through them, it would be helpful for me to know when i did them. but i guess i have to get in the habit of naming the files, and that's acceptable.

that was my exact point too .. i like to record takes and know the last 1 was the take i was happy with ..and also easy to know which takes to throw away ..

however..

@amiga909 said:i agree files without some basic meta information can be considered as invalid. i dont know for sure i'd say it is a hardware limitation, the Deluge hardware has no clock. this is only a (sophisticated) guess,

all great points too ..its not a deal breaker or a serious sotfware flaw, only another reason to change my workflow which is why i got the Deluge in the first place .