Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller to control Deluge looper

Anyone using the FCB to control the looper (through MIDI-in)? Any tips?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Are you looking to do live looping grabbing a tempo on the fly, pedal style? The FCB has been known to have some latency

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

MikkiMikki Posts: 11

Not exactly sure what the looper is capable of (waiting for my Deluge to arrive) but ideally I'd want to be able to press down to trigger (quantized) recording on next bar, have the recording then last for a predetermined number of bars OR stop when I press down again (also quantized to next bar).

It would be nice to be able to also play with short loops that are quantized to some subdivision of a bar - e.g. momentary pedal-down starts recording and pedal-up stops and plays loop immediately. Latency would be more problematic for this.

Ry_n_IRy_n_I Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 14

I recently bought a FCB1010 to use with the Deluge but have not yet managed to set it up correctly and make it work. If anybody has experience using the FCB, I'd really appreciate any guidance that can be offered! Then we can expand the info of this thread. Thanks

GomiNoSenseiGomiNoSensei United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 2

I have an FCB 1010 and can confirm that it works fine with the deluge. You just need to set it up to send midi note messages rather than the standard PC messages that the pedals send by default. I’ve not had any problems with latency for looping so far either. As for momentary stuff, I’m not sure it can do that but I’ll experiment.

I was thinking of making a quick video tutorial this weekend if people would be interested. Let me know!

SalterEASalterEA USAPosts: 2

I was thinking of making a quick video tutorial this weekend if people would be interested. Let me know!

+1

Ry_n_IRy_n_I Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 14

Well, I can now report back and say from my own experience that the FCB does indeed work well with the Deluge. The FCB just has a pretty strange interface which makes setup really confusing. It was only months after acquiring it that I actually got it to start midi learning Deluge functions. Honestly I still don't understand all the ins and outs of the FCB, but following the instructions in this video was what made it work for me: