Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pipes by Synesthesia: upcoming „non-portable Deluge with a Touch Screen“

Comments

71777177 (:Posts: 38

The interface looks kinda ugly with the prototypes. Do you think this thing is gonna be bult? I rather would get an organelle from critter & guitari at this point if wanted smthg like that, don't need no touchscreen.

xapxap USBeta Tester Posts: 17

I don't get it, in what way is this comparable to the Deluge? I mean, I guess they both do sampling. But seems like a very different device geared toward a different purpose to me.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

The Deluge’s largest appeal for me was the 128 pad grid. That thing reminds of something like a Sampletank in a box.

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

True, fairly different. It seems designed to be played by MIDI controller.
    Also, that UI looks very awkward.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Yeah, you are right, doesnt really compare.

Posted it cause i am interested in standalone hardware samplers and I thought the multisample feature is kinda interesting. Price (400$) is well under a laptop (incl. decent audio interface) too.

AFAIK: Multisample handling was a feature of the great old samplers and hasnt been seen in the standalone world until a NZ underdog changed that. Facts may be disturbed by a fanboy bias :)

Akai MPCs, Roland SPs, Elektrons, Korg Electribes, Teenage Engineering, Pioneer Toraiz: They all dont really support multisampling afaik.

True, Critter&Guitari could do it too, dont think it has sample streaming though. Being a PD Patch Player, might be more comparable to a VST standalone host like Receptor or V-Machine. Dont know.

News: havent seen any news at NAMM 2019. gearnews.de posted an article delivery is planned for Sept/Oct. 19.
    Above all I am interested in multisample patch creation (NI Kontakt style layering) and innovations in "sample synthesis" alike a modern Roland V-Synth.

It has some interesting facets like Open Source support (interface for PD Patches), and that "Memory Whip Tweaker" sounds funny ("whip through 20GB of samples by triggering the next one every 10 milliseconds").

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

i hate the look and the idea of trading my Mac screen/screens for an even smaller Screen aint really what im looking lol

@amiga909 said:

AFAIK: Multisample handling was a feature of the great old samplers and hasnt been seen in the standalone world until a NZ underdog changed that. Facts may be disturbed by a fanboy bias :)

Akai MPCs, Roland SPs, Elektrons, Korg Electribes, Teenage Engineering, Pioneer Toraiz: They all dont really support multisampling afaik.

My Mpc Live CAN resample any midi synth or vst In a few clicks and also auto maps them out .. *but tbh im not sure if that feature was there when THIs original thread was posted .

hurphendalehurphendale PragueBeta Tester Posts: 39

Looks kinda like an expensive etch-a-sketch :)

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@hurphendale said:
    Looks kinda like an expensive etch-a-sketch :)

etch-a-sketch, yeah maybe :)
    expensive? nah, it is cheaper than the Deluge.
    apparently they are already shipping https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pipes/the-ultimate-music-performance-machine-for-studio/posts but it seems still very beta.