Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Synch Deluge with OP-Z directly through USB

geesbertgeesbert DeutschlandPosts: 13

My OP-Lab Module for my Teenage Engineering OP-Z just caved in. Is there a way to synch the two directly through USB without the use of an Computer?
I own an RK005, if that helps...

Comments

harmonyunitedharmonyunited United StatesPosts: 18

The rk005 should work for that perfectly. That is what I use. Just get a USB B to Female Usb A adapter, connect the deluge to the micro USB port and the op1 to the usb client port on the rk005. Make sure to connect the rk to the deluge while it’s off so it can initialize properly. Also useful to note that you have to power the deluge with 9-12v to use usb midi peripherals. Another solution is to connect the rk to the deluge via midi and the op1 to the rk via usb. You will still have to power the rk though. I don’t think the op1 can power the RK005 though... so perhaps a battery bank... or possibly get a usb micro male to usb mini male cable for between RK and OP in the chance the OP1 can power the RK that way. The first method I mentioned will definitely work... it’s what I do for my pair.

Too bad about your OPlab. That’s unfortunate. The OP1 deluge combo is quite a powerful matchup. Good luck with making it work for yourself.

Best,
    E

harmonyunitedharmonyunited United StatesPosts: 18

I actually just tried to connect the usb directly from deluge to OP1 and I could get the deluge to receive midi notes from the op1 but not the other direction. The OP1 would not hear the midi or clock from the deluge with just usb connectivity... but if you need a keyboard in a pinch for the deluge that’s a solution. But not for sequencing the OP1. RK is best bet. And I not sure if clock goes out of the usb of deluge... I vaguely remember having use physical midi port for that. But I could be mistaken...

geesbertgeesbert DeutschlandPosts: 13

great, thanks.

Same thing here with the OPZ, The Deluge slaves just fine, the opz doesn't

AeCartAeCart Goshen, IN USABeta Tester Posts: 15

I'm crossing the streams this evening. Deluge midi slaved to OP-1, audio all routed through Deluge as well as all external sounds via the mic on the OP-1. Fun times.