Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

new skin stretched over old bones - Welcome (back) to the Machine - Pink Floyd - Deluge REMIX

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

Mostly Deluge remix, some live Waldorf MWXT played live....

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

thats was class..im very impressed

@RandomAztec said:
    thats was class..im very impressed

Thanks for even taking the time to listen and respond. I truly appreciate it. I know people have busy lives.

...all the best

w

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

i especially like the understament of the piece. its got space to do its thing and it does it very well

@RandomAztec said:
    i especially like the understament of the piece. its got space to do its thing and it does it very well

Thanks RA. I originally had a lot more going on as the main 'theme', but decided to chill it out a bit.
    It seems very common - especially for people working with the Deluge, to end up a really full sonic palette, with very little space. I felt that, if it were more sparse, it would draw the listener in, instead of assaulting them with musical ideas.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Well done in times of busy lives and often uninspired electronic music :)

@Eddy said:
    Well done in times of busy lives and often uninspired electronic music :)

Thanks - I couldn't agree with the 2nd part of your statement more.
    I grew up playing guitar, bass, and mainly drums - which I did as a full time profession for about 20 years.
    These days, I know of people that buy a piece of gear, and are 'creating music tracks' after a few days.
    Pretty short learning curve.

Erntedankfest

w

;0)

g105bg105b United KingdomPosts: 9

I am often scared to listen to anyone's take on Pink Floyd as there is a sacred place in my heart for their music, but you have done them justice with this. It really blew me away. Shine On.

@g105b said:
    I am often scared to listen to anyone's take on Pink Floyd as there is a sacred place in my heart for their music, but you have done them justice with this. It really blew me away. Shine On.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. For me too, PF is one of few artists that I see as completely original and ground breaking. I almost hated to attempt doing anything with one of their tracks. I'm glad it wasn't seen by everyone as blasphemy.

All the best

semarsemar Posts: 31
    edited March 2020

@Will said:

Hello Will, your remake is really nice, I enjoyed it a lot !
    A question, where did you find the original voice from the Pink-Floyd singer ? Just curious !

Best Regards
    Sergio

Post edited by semar on

@semar said:

@Will said:

Hello Will, your remake is really nice, I enjoyed it a lot !
    A question, where did you find the original voice from the Pink-Floyd singer ? Just curious !

Best Regards
    Sergio

Hey Sergio,

I do a lot of 'Remixes' and 'Remakes', etc, and thus - just constantly keep an eye out for 'Acapella' or 'isolated' tracks. There are many of these on YouTube, and also lots of websites who charge for assorted backing tracks. They generally have thing broken down to: drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, lead vocals, bg vocals, solos, etc.

A wonderful resource.

Here's the site I have recently been using to purchase these assets:

Just follow the JAMTRACKS link:

https://www.jamkazam.com