Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OPluge - OP-1 Patch on your Deluge

OPluge

OP1 Patch/ Deluge XML Patch Converter

mainImage

Introduction

OPluge is a sound patch converter built for Teenage Engineering OP-1 and Synthstorm Deluge. Feature abilities to convert OP-1's AIF patch format into Deluge's XML format. This converter converts AIF audio file into WAV into a 44100/16bit audio file. Meanwhile generating Deluge XML patch file that contains OP1's settings.
OP1 samples are vastly available online such as website op1.fun. Make use of those preexisted patches can be a great advantage for the Deluge users.

Features

Compatible to Deluge V3.0.1 firmware release
Automatically ignore patches other then OP-1 drum or sample engine.
Search all the OP-1 patches from given selected directory
AIF to WAV audio file conversion
Maximize sample rates up to 44.1 kHz/16bit
Export Deluge friendly filing structure.
Visualized sample chop graph.

Available on Gumroad

A lot of time and effort in reverse engineering and pattern finding on both devices.
But mostly try and error to match the sound playback to the OP-1 playback.
Please support if you find this project interesting and want a copy of it.
Thank you!

Link: OPluge - OP1 to Deluge patch converter

Translated OP1 Patch Settings

OP1 Drum Engine -> Deluge Kit

Drum sample chops (Start/End)
Pitch mapped to Deluge's Transpose
Play mode that can be Once, Cut, Loop
Reverse Mode
Volume of each sample chop
Sample path generated in XML

OP1 Sampler Engine -> Deluge Synth

Sample Start/Endpoint
Sample Re-trig Start/Endpoint
ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release)
Play mode can be Poly, Mono, or Legato
Unison
Portamento
Reverse Mode
Sample Volume

Usage

Virtual environment is installed, running it should be fairly easy
Use terminal and cd into this directory
For Mac and Linux user run following script
sh run.sh
For Windows users run following script
sh win_run.sh
If the following script does not work make sure python3 is installed properly, and env is pointed activated. Before calling Sudo Python2 OPluge.py

• NOTE: Sudo with password access is required because of the Audio conversion and XML file generation.

Convert your OP1 patches

In the user interface. There are two panels
and four buttons. It is really simple getting around.

The top console shows found OP1 patches. Also, a queue waiting to be converted into Deluge file
The bottom console shows the conversion status.

Four buttons:
Open Folder: Select a folder that contains OP1 patched. Nested folder is fine. It does not have to be organized or sorted. But still, I strongly recommend that each patch is inside a named pack name. Like how this OP1 is used to.
Scan: This scans and search for op1 patches
Convert XML: Assign a place where you would want to save the exported files
Clear Console: Clears both console
Prefix Naming: If insert text like A1 Then all the output patch names will have A1 added as prefix. It will look like this A1Patch1.XML.This is extremely useful as categorizing your Deluge patches. Since Deluge sorts when scrolling through patches. The name with prefix keeps the sample together.
Strongly suggest prefix like A1...A12, B1...B12... It kinda acts like a bank. If empty, no prefix will be added.

Tool Visualization

drum
After scanning patches, double click any item in the top console.
If the patch is a drum patch. It will then display a visualized graph
showing the sample chops.

Generated Deluge File Structure

Once the application finishes exporting there will be a new folder saved accordingly.
The naming is something like Deluge_Export_ and followed by Date and Time

Comments

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I don't have an OP-1, but this is amazing work!

adwuardadwuard TaiwanPosts: 2

@manateemilitia said:
    I don't have an OP-1, but this is amazing work!

The website op1.fun has lots of samples to browse and to download.
    You don't even need an OP-1. Download all those samples and convert to Deluge format is a fast way to build up your Deluge's sample library.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

cool project, alike a extranslator.com for Deluge patches. i'd buy an app that can convert Kontakt patches (nki) to Deluge.
    if you could offer a OP1 Deluge sample lib i'd throw in a few bucks for sure. no real interest in doing the converting myself and i dont have a OP1.
    even cooler if the project was open source, there are a few Deluge apps and they are all on github.
    it is an innovative idea, hope you get some people to use it.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

cool project, alike a extranslator.com for Deluge patches. i'd buy an app that can convert Kontakt patches (nki) to Deluge.
    if you could offer a OP1 Deluge sample lib i'd throw in a few bucks for sure. no real interest in doing the converting myself and i dont have a OP1.
    even cooler if the project was open source, there are a few Deluge apps and they are all on github.
    it is an innovative idea, hope you get some people to use it.

JazzmessJazzmess ParisPosts: 9

It would be nice to include the other way round also for people owning both this beauties or the opz :-)

Just bought to support the dev. ;-)

Hi there,
    Did not managed to launch anything...
    Does the app chops the aif sample into several wav files ?
    Thanks

AnomeAnome CanadaPosts: 2

@Jazzmess said:
    Hi there,
    Did not managed to launch anything...
    Does the app chops the aif sample into several wav files ?
    Thanks

I was just about to purchase this as I sold my OP-1 but made a backup before selling and wanted to try this and use my OP-1 backup on my deluge. Can you please let me know if you've manage to have this worked with this app? I can't find any tutorials or how to's for this one on how to convert them :(

bearcatbearcat SeattlePosts: 1

@adwuard Thanks for this awesome utility! I got it installed & running on windows and it worked ok.

1. the documentation on github doesn't match the one in the version distributed by codester (no windows instructions)
    2. Some patches get converted incorrectly; an op-1 drum patch with e.g. 14 sounds comes out with 24 sounds; I made some code changes to fix the bugs -- is the code available on github anywhere for me to submit the fixes?

thanks much
    -andrew

cassbobcassbob BelgiumPosts: 14
    edited June 2020

You have some free converter aif to wav.

Post edited by cassbob on
    DekalboyDekalboy FranceBeta Tester Posts: 35

hello ,
    I have purchased this OPLUGE . but how to install it on windows ? there is no installation file inside the dowload file ... thank you