Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Forum Ideas

kinakina New ZealandPosts: 27
Ideas to improve the forum:

1) Make it mobile friendly

2) Have some "sort by" options, eg most votes, lowest votes, newest, oldest.

Comments

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

how about the ability to delete comments? I've made some DOOZIES.

funkymothersfunkymothers LondonPosts: 48
    null
    +1 on mobile friendly.
    MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Deleting a topic as well! I've accidentally only found related topics from tags, which don't seem to be searchable?!

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

Whats about using this Forum ?

I dont have a Facebook account and i wont have one in the future.
    Why iss all activity on Facebook and not in this Forum ?

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Beta testing and community stuff happens on fb, and software suggestions are the main thing here on the forums to keep it all organized, as well as general questions and such :)

Generally people are more active on fb, it's more immediate and people (who do have accounts) hang out there more often

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

SO this is the only company / forum who is handling it like this..
    in my opinion it is more useful to collect all things in a forum where everyone cann access the information and join the community.
    i would never create an facebook account especially not for a product or product support / beta testing.
    As far as i see there is not much traffic in this forum.
    This is only my opinion. But i think we have a group in the german sequencer forum maybe we can help us there.
    In the moment you will find there more informations about deluge as in this deluge forum. :(

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Yeah fb sucks, it's a walled garden. It would be a lot more useful if everything apart from the beta testing stuff was done through here. I've tried a few times to move discussions over to the forum, but I'm getting sick of sounding like I'm policing the FB users... And here too actually. People don't read the "read this before posting" post on the software suggestion page either. And I'm sure synthstrom don't have the time or energy to police it either. I guess it's just up to us to use the forum more. :smile:
    RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

i'm in the same boat as dest4b not a facebook user and unlikely to be one in the future.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Voice these opinions to Synthstrom and present some possible solutions, they're great at listening to the people, but understandably they have quite limited resources currently and need to focus on what's most important first :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

@kina said:
    Ideas to improve the forum:

1) Make it mobile friendly

+1, it looks bad (for one: colors are completely different from te desktop version), and misses some functionality.

'Bad sound kills good music!'

EdiEdi IrelandPosts: 17

Sorry for the thread hijack (well, it's an old thread), but I'm new to the forums and am unable to post new discussions, or change my profile. Am I missing something really obvious? I didn't see any info for new forum members, apart form the 'rules and guidelines'.

So, one improvement might be to make the forums more friendly for newcomers?

Thanks.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

@Edi said:
    Sorry for the thread hijack (well, it's an old thread), but I'm new to the forums and am unable to post new discussions, or change my profile. Am I missing something really obvious? I didn't see any info for new forum members, apart form the 'rules and guidelines'.

So, one improvement might be to make the forums more friendly for newcomers?

Thanks.

Are you using mobile or desktop. Switch to desktop more functions available there

EdiEdi IrelandPosts: 17

Thank you @RandomAztec for taking the time to reply.

Since writing my comment, the New Discussion button is now available on the top right of the forum for me. It must be some kind of admin approval process for new forum members. Time to create some new posts :smile: