Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Power for BT adapter?

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Looking to get a Yamaha bluetooth midi adapter but I can't find whether or not the Deluge has power on the midi ports. Anyone have experience using one of these with the Deluge? My intent is to get tangle-free clocking to my ipad.

Thanks!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

I've seen someone else do that, and I know it powers my midi thru box :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Cool, thanks

For the sake of any future searchers: I was able to use a Yamaha bluetooth MIDI adapter very easily.

Just_Peter118Just_Peter118 The NetherlandsPosts: 42

Received the Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi adapter today. I can confirm what @manateemilitia reported. They work perfect. I could connect my Korg Nanokey Studio and my iPad via Bluetooth to my Deluge. Sequenced some midi to my iPad, wonderful! What a fantastic solution, no cables needed anymore.

Hi, I got Mi.1 from Amazon and its very low-key and fits well on the deluge although while trying to connect the Roli seaboard or Roli pad using an Iphone as a bridge I can't get sound out for some reason, any tips?

PS: Ive tried Midimittr , bee-midi and mudflow, when I click on seaboard and or blocks the lights the iPhone midimittr comes up as if it was receiving signal but no sound. Do I need to set the deluge to a spefici channel? Ive tried all channels and no sound
    Thanks,

@Carioca10 said:
    Hi, I got Mi.1 from Amazon and its very low-key and fits well on the deluge although while trying to connect the Roli seaboard or Roli pad using an Iphone as a bridge I can't get sound out for some reason, any tips?

PS: Ive tried Midimittr , bee-midi and mudflow, when I click on seaboard and or blocks the lights the iPhone midimittr comes up as if it was receiving signal but no sound. Do I need to set the deluge to a spefici channel? Ive tried all channels and no sound
    Thanks,

You need to connect the seaboard/block to the Deluge (the Midi adapter).
    You can do this with the app Midiflow (free) in conjunction with midimittr, to do the routing. Its pretty straightforward

wolfrenegadewolfrenegade brisbaneBeta Tester Posts: 10

@Icoustik said:

@Carioca10 said:

Thanks,

You need to connect the seaboard/block to the Deluge (the Midi adapter).
    You can do this with the app Midiflow (free) in conjunction with midimittr, to do the routing. Its pretty straightforward

Hey,

Just wondered if you could detail a little how to do this as I’ve just spent a couple of hours with no luck.

• BT midi plugged into deluge
    • midimittr setup and source set to deluge (bt midi adapter) and destination set to AUM
    • Midi flow set up with top pointing to deluge bottom box set up to AUM
    • AUM midi signal shows but when connected to any instrument, no sound or results deluge playing simple sequence

I’ve tried various configurations with no luck - would love some insight what I’m doing wrong 😑

@wolfrenegade said:

Hey,

Just wondered if you could detail a little how to do this as I’ve just spent a couple of hours with no luck.

• midimittr setup and source set to deluge (bt midi adapter) and destination set to AUM
    • AUM midi signal shows but when connected to any instrument, no sound or results deluge playing simple sequence

I’ve tried various configurations with no luck - would love some insight what I’m doing wrong 😑

Yo! I haven't done this particular configuration in AUM, I've only used Midiflow.
    I'm guessing it should be possible though - could you first try simply connecting things directly in AUM?
    Go into AUM's settings menu > Bluetooth midi at the bottom > Central, and connect the Delly BT and your controller.
    Then link these in a AUM session. Let me know if it doesn't work and we'll take it from there :)

@Icoustik said:

@wolfrenegade said:

Hey,

Yo! I haven't done this particular configuration in AUM, I've only used Midiflow.
    I'm guessing it should be possible though - could you first try simply connecting things directly in AUM?
    Go into AUM's settings menu > Bluetooth midi at the bottom > Central, and connect the Delly BT and your controller.
    Then link these in a AUM session. Let me know if it doesn't work and we'll take it from there :)

Hey @Icoustik

Ok - so I was being a little too eager and stupid and didn't choose 'midi' on my specific clips on my Deluge to communicate with my iPad.

Working fantastic now - thank you everyone for contributing to this thread.

Great :)

@Icoustik said:

@wolfrenegade said:

Hey,

Hey @Icoustik

Ok - so I was being a little too eager and stupid and didn't choose 'midi' on specific clips on my Deluge to communicate with my iPad.

All working great now bar a little lag with the Yamaha BT adapter but will use a hard connection instead.

Many thanks, everyone for replying.