Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Clip colors in the song view

panukettupanukettu HelsinkiPosts: 6
edited October 2019 in Deluge Help

I have been working with the Deluge for a few days and I am liking it very much. Thanks for the awesome product.

Couple of issues with the song view:

1. It is confusing (for me) to look at my clips in the song view fully zoomed out since if you have a long sequence in the project the clips will all be colored white or very close to white since the resolution is so big. I understand this is preferred in some cases.
  2. Even if you only have shorter clips there are different colors everywhere and they become kinda redundant when you are performing with the song view.

I guess a solution is to name each track and press the tracks pad to see what it is and while handy for certain situations it's not optimal when I am just wanting to have a good overview of the song.

What I am suggesting here is a special zoom level called "full" (trigger with a double click on the "< >" knob or just scroll further than the maximum resolution?) :

• Swaps to a resolution where the longest clip is full screen.
  • Instead of dynamic pad colors in a row you could change all the pads in a row to be of certain color. (section + pad | pad + shift | pad + <> to cycle colors, just a few that comes to mind).
  • No effect outside of the "full" view.

This way I can for example color code things like drums to always be green, fx purple etc. and it would make it easier for me to look at my song while performing and doing cross section clip launching.

Post edited by panukettu on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

good call.
    there is http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/439/monochrome-single-color-for-tracks, one of the most upvoted suggestions ever. personally, i dont see a big value in denoting colors with pitch in any view. Would much more prefer to see monochrome colors all the way, and have velocity denoted with brightness of color.

i also like your idea of an auto-zoom command, would come very handy for Clip and Arranger views too.

fenixsongfenixsong United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 45

Did anything ever come of this? I was just thinking about the same thing and looking for options. If you copy and paste sections it would be nice to know what they are as they could get reordered on the 2nd or 3rd section.