Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

AKWF single-cycle waveforms

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

Here's a link to Adventure Kid's huge collection of single-cycle waveforms to load into the Deluge as a synth, by switching the sample playback mode to loop.

Quote DocRompler underneath here regarding instructions for use with Deluge:
1. Set one or both oscillators to "sample"
2. Select any of the waveforms as the sample
3. Set the sample mode to "Loop"
4. Transpose the oscillator down 2 semitones and 2 cents, or up 10 semitones
5. Turn the volume of the oscillator down to about 25 as these waveforms tend to overdrive the amp. This is especially true if they're used polyphonically.

If u benefit from it, consider supporting his hard work and the fact that's he's giving these out for free :)

Peace!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Post edited by Icoustik on

Comments

DocRomplerDocRompler Pittsburgh PAPosts: 20
    The ability to use these waveforms is a hugely underrated feature of this machine. They add a high degree of flexibility to the character of the subtractive synth. I think that Synthstrom should officially acknowledge this as a feature. For those who haven't tried using them, here is a step by step guide on how to get them to sound right and match with the tuning of the synth:

1. Set one or both oscillators to "sample"
    2. Select any of the waveforms as the sample
    3. Set the sample mode to "Loop"
    4. Transpose the oscillator down 2 semitones or up 10 semitones
    5. Turn the volume of the oscillator down to about 25 as these waveforms tend to overdrive the amp. This is especially true if they're used polyphonically.

That's all! You now have a functioning wavetable as an oscillator.

Nice, Doc!

samnsamn los angelesPosts: 5

Wow @DocRompler thank you, I loaded these last night and they weren't sounding correct, I think they were overdriving when they looped. I will try this when I get out of work!

This is an amazing feature and I was so excited when I saw that I could do this.

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

Does the FM synth support SCWF's for the oscillators?
    THAT would be pretty awesome.

TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22

Pretty sure you want to transpose 2 semitones AND 2 cents to get them bang on in tune.

edited January 2018

If you want to be BANG on, yes :) I'll just add that then

Post edited by Icoustik on

zobbozobbo Chester, UKPosts: 4

Loving my Deluge. If it helps you can download these waveforms already tuned into C at https://www.inspektorgadjet.com/item/waveforms-library/ which is what I've been using before on my Digitakt.

Sweet man :)

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    Any tips in removing the click at the start of all these single cycles I've tried attack and changing sample start time with no joy. Maybe someone can share their experience
    RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    edited March 2018
    I have also reduced the sample volume with no results . This click is very prominent especially when applying reverb.
    Post edited by RandomAztec on
    brianobushbrianobush Portland, ORPosts: 1

Have you set the sample to loop? I don't have my deluge yet (shipped!), but from what I have seen on YT, the deluge handles them just like other synths (e.g., octatrack)

LukreeLukree Posts: 11

Wow, this is really great. Is there a summary somewhere where these samples are taken from? Now it's pretty much random what I select.

AeCartAeCart Goshen, IN USABeta Tester Posts: 15

I was having trouble getting good sounds out of these waveforms until I realized that I should completely turn down the volume of the second oscillator which was turned up for some reason.

TrippyTrippy Milky WayPosts: 7

It would be great to hear individual waveforms in loop mode during cycling/browsing them!

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

@Trippy said:
    It would be great to hear individual waveforms in loop mode during cycling/browsing them!

Oh that's are really god idea! +1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98
    six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38

What's the best way to load & browse these in practice on the Deluge? It's a little overwhelming! :o

Do you keep them in separate subfolders? Or in one massive 4300 sample folder that you scroll through? Do you start to get your head around different timbres the folders offer (e.g.AKWF_0012) --or is it just fishing until something strikes your fancy?

"Turn the volume of the oscillator down to about 25 as these waveforms tend to overdrive the amp. This is especially true if they're used polyphonically."
    And get the Inspektor Gadjet version of the samples in the middle of this thread, they're already tuned to C.

Personally I keep them in subfolders. Sometimes I listen thru, sometimes I pick random ones, sometimes I'm searching for something :)

SerbanSerban London, UKBeta Tester Posts: 14

Does anyone have a clue on how damaging, if at all, overdriving the amp would be in the long run? Some of those waveforms actually sound really fat and pleasing when they do that.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited December 2018

And get the Inspektor Gadjet version of the samples in the middle of this thread, they're already tuned to C.

Personally I keep them in subfolders. Sometimes I listen thru, sometimes I pick random ones, sometimes I'm searching for something :)

I miss the `Tuned in C' package and have actually no idea how to get an overview about these hundreds of samples :(

Post edited by Eddy on
    kabadesukabadesu Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 9

@Eddy said:

I miss the `Tuned in C' package and have actually no idea how to get an overview about these hundreds of samples :(

Sorry to resurrect at old thread, but I've just grabbed the Adventure Kid waveforms and was looking into how to use them.

I'm not sure if it's allowed (I'll delete my post if it's not cool), but you can still get stuff from that link by going to https://web.archive.org/web/20170827193039/http://www.inspektorgadjet.com/item/waveforms-library/

ckbarlowckbarlow Baltimore USAPosts: 16

Awesome... downloaded and donated.

solipsistsolipsist Bothell, WAPosts: 5

@RandomAztec said:
    Any tips in removing the click at the start of all these single cycles I've tried attack and changing sample start time with no joy. Maybe someone can share their experience

Set Retrig from Off to 00 to start with - nudge up as desired