Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Overlays for Deluge (mxpand)

Hi. Does anyone have experience with these overlays: https://www.mxpand.com/instrument-overlays/deluge-complete/ ?

It looks very nice, though it seems out of stock (atm). Is it worth it to wait? Thanks in advance!

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Wow, nice made! And I love that it is more readable, than the original one.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

da3vda3v TAVARESBeta Tester Posts: 6

I’m in the US. Ordered July 29, received today (Sept 23). I was in a later batch, so ymmv. Really happy with how they turned out, the fit and contrast are great!

HollexHollex FrPosts: 12

@da3v : I assume you’re speaking about the original overlays from Synthstrom, right?
    But I was asking for a third-party overlay (see the first post). This overlays are available since September, so no chance to order a overlay in July. ;) And as far as I know, they currently just ship inside europe (not to the US).

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Oh I wish they would ship to the U.S! I’m sad to hear they don’t. I’ve had an impossible time replacing the top panel. This overlay would fix everything.

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

@pfrf said:
    Oh I wish they would ship to the U.S! I’m sad to hear they don’t. I’ve had an impossible time replacing the top panel. This overlay would fix everything.

If anyone finds a way to order to the US I would chip in on a "batch" order

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I would love to be part of a batch order. I don’t know anyone who lives in Europe well enough to ask the favor, though.

I had email contact with them and they are very nice people. Maybe just write them an email and ask them. Maybe they have already experience with sending it to the US ?

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

It was out of stock for a longer period of time but is available again at the moment (shipping to Germany and Europe only):

I just ordered one.

https://www.mxpand.com/instrument-overlays/deluge-complete/

Price: 33,50€

Shipping costs within Germany: 2,50 € (per order)
    Shipping costs other EU countries: 4,50 € (per order)
    Shipping costs outside Europe: currently not possible

KlangbildKlangbild GöppingenPosts: 1

Just got the new overlay from mxpand. Putting the foil on the Deluge goes with ease. I personally think this lay out is very well designed due to colour coding. And the letters are bigger (for those of you who're working late @ night) LOL

@Klangbild said:
    Just got the new overlay from mxpand. Putting the foil on the Deluge goes with ease. I personally think this lay out is very well designed due to colour coding. And the letters are bigger (for those of you who're working late @ night) LOL

Yes think the same, maybe Synthstrom goes this way too. It was a big relieve when i put it on my deluge, because I could read that the first time without problems. It makes the workflow much easier.

NorisNoris AustriaPosts: 38

I just received my overlay by mxpand (the big one) from the latest batch and I’m very impressed. It has a really good quality, you get everything you need for installation and it’s well packed. Installation was also easy, I’m happy. It seems that the skins are still available (the first batches has been sold out very quickly).

By the way: there is enough space to cut out the logos (Synthstrom logo & Deluge logo), and it’s easy to do it. Looks great.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited November 2019

@Noris said:
    I just received my overlay by mxpand (the big one) from the latest batch and I’m very impressed. It has a really good quality, you get everything you need for installation and it’s well packed. Installation was also easy, I’m happy. It seems that the skins are still available (the first batches has been sold out very quickly).

By the way: there is enough space to cut out the logos (Synthstrom logo & Deluge logo), and it’s easy to do it. Looks great.

Same here! Great product, good service!
    how did you cut it for the logo? can you publish a picture?

Post edited by Eddy on
    psylenspsylens USPosts: 6

@j3threejay said:

@pfrf said:

If anyone finds a way to order to the US I would chip in on a "batch" order

I would be interested in a 'batch order'. It seems like it might be possible with https://mygermany.com/
    I put in some rough estimates on shipping size (30x23x1cm) and it looks like it'd be about $32-40 to ship through that service. Of course, that would be on top of the mxpand shipping, and then there's the shipping and logistics of distributing once it's here at someone's house in the US. These shipping costs make it too expensive for one, but if we could get a dozen or so together, it might be worth it.

NorisNoris AustriaPosts: 38

@Eddy said:
    Same here! Great product, good service!
    how did you cut it for the logo? can you publish a picture?

Sorry for the late answer, I haven’t been in this forum for a while. Here is a picture:

I guess it is much more easy if you cut the holes before sticking it on the Deluge.