Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stereo/Mono % amount

The Deluge has a Stereo on/off function, but it would be great if we could also set the stereo amount, like in Abletons 'Utility' plugin which lets you set the amount from 0% (mono) right up to 200% (full width stereo) with 100% stereo being the default.

This helps a lot in creating space in the mix, and stops all the sounds fighting for the same space in the stereo field.

Comments

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Bump

This feature would be really useful imo, it's basically a Stereo Imager and probably not that difficult to implement (I'm assuming so anyway)

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

+1

StijeStije NetherlandsPosts: 14

there is a panning function.....so you can already make room in the stereo field....

@Stije said:
    there is a panning function.....so you can already make room in the stereo field....

Panning is not the same thing as Stereo Imaging.

StijeStije NetherlandsPosts: 14

i know....but you can create room in your stereo.....that is all i am saying...

ChrisfreeqChrisfreeq NorwayPosts: 25
    edited December 2018

+11
    Would also be cool to then have a cutoff-control for the width, to make certain parts of the spectrum mono and the rest remain stereo. You could then mono the lower frequencies of a bass or a kick, and still have it big and wide in the tops.

A good reference for this is the TP Basslane VST by Tone Projects.

Post edited by Chrisfreeq on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Interesting!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

magneticummagneticum Posts: 32

@cypher79 said:
    The Deluge has a Stereo on/off function, but it would be great if we could also set the stereo amount, like in Abletons 'Utility' plugin which lets you set the amount from 0% (mono) right up to 200% (full width stereo) with 100% stereo being the default.

This helps a lot in creating space in the mix, and stops all the sounds fighting for the same space in the stereo field.

Yes, this is what I wanted too to be Stereo Spread (Width) option for individual instruments for better mixing. Do they have it already in firmware v.3?

@magneticum said:

@cypher79 said:

Yes, this is what I wanted too to be Stereo Spread (Width) option for individual instruments for better mixing. Do they have it already in firmware v.3?

There's been no mention of it, so I wouldn't expect it.....and I think I was wrong about the stereo on/off, I believe that option is only for the Delay....so it looks like all samples are stereo....not great for kicks and sub bass.

edited July 2019

Hello, I got my Deluge and there is the "Width" parameter. I though that is for synth but it is really for reverb.
    So let's ask for this feature to have percentage of width of a specific track.

@cypher79 said:

@magneticum said:

@cypher79 said:

There's been no mention of it, so I wouldn't expect it.....and I think I was wrong about the stereo on/off, I believe that option is only for the Delay....so it looks like all samples are stereo....not great for kicks and sub bass.

Post edited by magneticum on

@cypher79 said:
    The Deluge has a Stereo on/off function

Hello, where is this setting is located and is it applicable to separate synth tracks?

@magneticum said:

@cypher79 said:
    The Deluge has a Stereo on/off function

Hello, where is this setting is located and is it applicable to separate synth tracks?

It's the 'stereo' shortcut on the right hand side of the pads, second row in.....and like I said, I believe it's only for the delay. For widening synths, you should try the 'unison' or 'polyphony' shortcuts.

Unfortunately I did not find the mono/stereo setting of the synth...

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@magneticum said:
    Unfortunately I did not find the mono/stereo setting of the synth...

There isn't one. The stereo on/off previously referred to only switches the delay between ping-pong and normal.