Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tempo divider or multiplier per track in song view.

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

I would see something like holding one or multiple track row while holding some other button would turn the 2 right column into a "time division selector". Normal tempo would be middle, x2, x4, x8 for the upper part, /2, /4, /8 for the lower part.
This would bring a lot of interesting variation.
I would even see a reverse on/off by pushing one of the 2 row showing a gradiant going up or down depending on the state.

Post edited by Phil on

Comments

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

Oh .. great !! would be amazing !

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

+1 Absolutely.

That is a good idea! Oh wait! Was mine 🤦‍♂️

Even better implementation:
    Holding down the tempo knob switch to tempo view.
    Each track row has 2 lighted pad at the center meaning the tempo isn’t multiplied or divided.
    Selecting a pad on the right multiply the clock per step, selecting a pad on the left divides it.
    Further from the center increase the factor.
    The 2 right column indicate the direction of playhead. Fwd right, reverse left. Turning both on bring 2 playheads, with their own clock speed.

Bam!!

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61

This may seem a bit clunky, but you can do tempo multiplication/division by copying/changing zoom resolution/pasting.

Thanks @pbolger, I knew the trick, but it is more work than flow ;) so I keep dreaming of a more direct and versatile way!

72versions72versions Auckland NZBeta Tester Posts: 39

I stumbled across this looking for advanced clip sequencing modes/options - pretty similar to the arp feature requests.

Many of these options have been suggested for arp: e.g. step direction probability, custom patterns (as per the clip sequence).

Basically more options for clip sequence play modes is what we want (rather than resorting to custom arps) right?

The Deluge développement focus seems to lean toward "song writing" and long compositions and it makes sense.

I really hope that we'll see more "live clip/loop mangling" kind of features eventually. To me, the Deluge screams for it!