Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Clicking when filter cutoff is very low

chvadchvad Brooklyn, NYBeta Tester Posts: 39

Seems like every time I load a sample that repeatedly triggers... say 1/4 notes at 160 bpm... perfectly trimmed in my DAW. no dc offset, no cycles cut short... deluge set to polyphonic or mono... when the filter cutoff (LPF, 24 or 12) i can hear a repeated clicking sound when the sample is being triggered. no envelope is assigned to the filter. any ideas? bug or user error?

www.controlledbleeding.com | www.chvad.com

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Is the click occurring at the start or the end of each sample? If you could email the sample file to me, rohan@synthstrom.com, I can take a look and see what the issue is.

Pretty sure it's at the start. I'll email it to ya soon as Im home tonight! Thanks for the response!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

i did look into that but i'm 99% sure it's not a clipping issue. it's a little weird!

@rohan said:
    Is the click occurring at the start or the end of each sample? If you could email the sample file to me, rohan@synthstrom.com, I can take a look and see what the issue is.

Correction! The click is at the END of the sample. Not the beginning. Just sent you samples to your email!

Cheers!
    -c

Thanks chvad. The email doesn't seem to have come through. However, based on your updated description that the click is at the end of the sample, I think I can see what could be causing this - it sounds like it's a bug, and I'm going to investigate before the release of the upcoming firmware update. Sorry for the trouble!

Sorry, the email just came through, thanks!

all good! glad you got it! on an aside.. i just noticed the sidechain gets rather clicky as well on samples. not sure if that's been noted yet or not. it's a similar sounding click so i figured id mention it! cheers!
    -c

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73
    edited May 2018

I can replicate this bug by automating filter cutoff per step regardless of tempo or cutoff setting (any setting other than 100%). The click is at the beginning of the sample. I'm happy to provide a file for demonstration if it's helpful.

Edit: started new topic, as this may not be related
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/881/bug-audible-click-when-automating-filter-cutoff-per-step-using-samples/p1?new=1

Post edited by llexam on

This bug is now fixed, and the fix will be in the upcoming V2.0 firmware. Thanks Chvad!

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Great news! Thank you.

thats awesome rohan! Thanks!!!