Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Control cv voltage per note

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51

I was playing around with a Korg SQ 1 sequencer attached to a 0-coast synthesizer via cv + gate the other day and found that I was really drawn in by the direct (continuous, non-scalar) control over each note's pitch that the SQ 1 afforded.

I started to think about how I could replicate that experience with the Deluge and the closest thing I could think of was using the transpose function to pitch notes around (edit: turns out I can only do this for the whole track rather than individual notes). The only issue is that transposition occurs by a minimum amount of one cent, and I am interested in exploring weird untempered scales and the space between cents.

I'd love the ability to use one of the smooth/unstepped knobs to continuously sweep through voltages when outputting to cv. Then I could line up notes in a pattern (like on the SQ 1) and go through each note setting different voltages with more granularity. Anyone else interested in this?

Post edited by Jscottk on

Comments

alexblaxxalexblaxx Bristol UKPosts: 4

Bump, definitely interested in this. Using an ornament and crime in the mean time, but would be great to have everything a bit more hands on when it comes to tunings directly with the Deluge.

drGrovdrGrov Hampshire, UKBeta Tester Posts: 14

+1 from me. It would be great to be able to use the other CV output as modulation from a CV track.