Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

When loading a song while playing ....

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

When loading a song while playing, it shows a "1" in the display and thats it. After stopping playmode and pressing "play" again it plays the loaded song. I'm using a lot of audioloops. May that be the reason?

Comments

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

it would start the new song at the end of the logest sequence.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

Found the answer. The "1" says that the Deluge is waiting for the next ONE before changing to the new song. Great idea! Maybe a "wait" would be clearer? But when it has loaded the song it still makes a gap of a second or so before it starts playing the new song.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

There shouldn't be a gap, it should be seamless if you have a sound on the last note of the first sound and a sound on the first note of the new song you shouldn't hear a gap.

The "1" is displayed so you can dial it up and down as you wish, if you made the decision to change song to hasty, you can quickly dial it up to 2 or 3, build that tension, let it take a few more loops to change :)

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

ok .. thats new for me :) is there also a way to change the song immediately.

Because i have some songs with sequences with more then 16 bars and that needs a lot of time to switch ..
    and i cant change any parameter during that time.

Is it possible to tweak some parameters during waiting ?

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

With less playing audiotracks its working. Maybe I have to buy a faster SD-card.

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2018

@dest4b said:
    ok .. thats new for me :) is there also a way to change the song immediately.

Press play to stop playback, then press play again and new song will play.

Is it possible to tweak some parameters during waiting ?

Yip. Before you choose to load a song make sure you have "affect entire" and your parameter selected, then load song, then you'l be able to apply your effect during your transition

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    edited April 2018

@alien_brain said:
    here we go again

Lol. The irony of you saying that has made my mind explode. ;)

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

@Stromer said:
    With less playing audiotracks its working.

Sorry, Stormer, what do you mean by this? What is working that isn't otherwise?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Sorry, Stormer, what do you mean by this? What is working that isn't otherwise?

I mean the little pause when loading songs with lots of audiofiles (in my case 32 audioloops). With less loops there is no pause while playing.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Stromer! It's fairly unlikely that this is an SD card issue. Have you tried this with the 2.0beta firmware available on the beta testering facebook page? There's been a number of optimizations to the code that could potentially fix this issue. I'd be interested to hear whether it works for this - let me know :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelugeBetaTesters/