Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

FUD disinformation strategy used in this forum?

YogiYogi GermanyPosts: 16

Fear, uncertainty and doubt is a disinformation strategy used in sales and marketing to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information. Take a look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

I guess there is at least one user here who seems to be an expert in FUD. The Deluge is getting dangerous for competitors, i guess.

Comments

edisonSFedisonSF United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 18

it's annoying for sure, but it's just so pitiful, i wouldn't worry about it. he's not an expert on anything. he's claimed he was impressed and really happy, but then rohan wouldn't respond directly to his posts, so he switched and now he's on the worlds lamest, most ineffective smear campaign tantrum. he claims we all make too simple of music to understand what he's talking about. and just in the past few days, everything went wrong with his deluge, which everyone knows is bullshit. even apparent that synthstrom themselves are confused by his emails/complaining/problems to them. far far from the first time an untalented loser felt over looked and turned to the internet for hollow validation. just really sucks that the whole of this forum is dealing with his whining. was hoping to see a bunch of new videos and tracks, but everything is alien_douche crying to everyone that he doesn't feel special enough. it's a really dope piece of gear, especially in such early stages with such a different approach. considering every topic in this forum is his replies, someone new coming here can quickly see the pattern of him carrying on like a psycho and everyone trying to shut him down. would be amazing if he got banned though... just saying. it doesnt matter what this dude says, people who are busy using this beat box are impressed.

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

I think we need more people to contribute content that showcases the deluge. It, ultimately, is like any other instrument - you have to be creative with it. Its limitations actually force you to be creative, and, for me, that has changed my workflow and helped me to create a new sound.

I just bought a line 6 iphone audio interface, so I will make some videos soon. I think with more content around here the complaining won't bring down the whole forum like it has been recently. Our focus should be on the deluge and its capability, not the one person who seems to be really dissatisfied.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

The cranky dude is CIA or something. Or maybe Korg :p

It's duh guvment, maan

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

For someone who does not own a deluge and wants to buy it, the effect of such disinformation in this forum can be disastrous. Synthstrom needs to sell this gear. And, like any other company, they are most vulnerable at the very beginning.

I don't know if its really FUD but if i had to find a troll for this kind of job, i would choose someone just like him :D

OK - back to the music B)

mattmatt Paris, FrancePosts: 7
    edited April 2018

Hi guys, you can now ignore individual users by visiting the user's profile and then selecting "Ignore" from the little user menu:

Post edited by matt on
    edisonSFedisonSF United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 18

yes! amazing.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

Neat-o

great news :) >:)

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

but ignoring .. is a kind of censorship. We wont see him any more..

And other people who are looking in this forum may be shocked ... but . i think if someone search in youtube "synthstrom deluge" he would see so much genius videos .. he/she must buy one ..

For sure he is a frustrated competitor employee :D

but f*** ! We have to make music :D. I made such amazing sequences and tracks last Easter days.. the parameter-lock is insane if you use it with different synthesis parameters.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

mattmatt Paris, FrancePosts: 7
    edited April 2018

@dest4b said:
    but ignoring .. is a kind of censorship. We wont see him any more..

Yes and no.

While most people have the right to free speech online, we should also as individuals have the right to choose who and what to listen to.

Thankfully the forum ability to ignore a person only hides ignored users' content within a forum discussion and still makes it available to toggle viewing each comment by clicking on it.

Post edited by matt on
    AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

I just purchased the deluge and the forum troll has me a little freaked out about my purchase to be honest. It gets here Wednesday so I guess I'll see. Pretty bummed to discover there is no midi cc recording through the midi input as that I assumed was a given for a sequencer.
    It looks like that feature is on Rohan's radar though so hopefully will be addressed in the near future as he seems to be fairly vigilant. (Otherwise time to dust off my old mmt8 ;) )
    Overall it looks like it has a lot of potential.

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

@alien_brain said:
    you guys give me too much credit. everything i posted is true. i dont work for korg. i own a deluge and i can say what i want regarding its operation and workability. if that bothers some of you... oh well! not my problem.

without a doubt, you are not from Korg.. or Akai .. they would do it more professional :D

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

@matt said:
    Hi guys, you can now ignore individual users by visiting the user's profile and then selecting "Ignore" from the little user menu:

Perfect! I've been reading the forum for a while and was just about to suggest a function like this. That 'dude' is insane.

Thanks for pointing this out.

'Bad sound kills good music!'

n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

@alien_brain said:
    you guys are cute. hey why dont you just put me on ignore?

It's actually the first thing I'll do here. :D :D

>shortcut to ignore alien_brain<

'Bad sound kills good music!'